Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE TELL me, not another 6 months till benchmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE TELL me, not another 6 months till benchmarks?

ok so its been revealed

normally one would think benchmarks are released from the sample boards
    but Matrox havent allowed this

all we see is endless marketing babble repeated on all the sites

sure the tech is nice but were are the scores?

When they get some meaningful results they might be shared. You can't judge anything by early drivers.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Not just the early drivers, but alpha boards aren't a good example of the final card's performance. I can remember nVidia shipping samples of the TNT running at over 100Mhz, but final yields meant the clock was dropped to 95Mhz, as opposed to their planned 125Mhz.
      <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

whats the difference between a sample card and alpha?

bit worring if they want to beat nv30 launch (nv30 will have hybrid 3dfx/gigapixel/nvidia tech aswell as improved IQ)

Comment

An alpha card is a card in its very early stages and is quite buggy, a sample card is the actual card. Being realistic this card ain't gonna beat the nv30

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzz
            ... Being realistic this card ain't gonna beat the nv30
            Let's wait to see the boards coming from these vendors. We haven't even seen the final P product much less what Matrox might be offering at the time "NV30" products are shipped. Roadmaps and chip specs aren't going to help you get your work/play done.
            Last edited by xortam; 14 May 2002, 09:56.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzz
              Being realistic this card ain't gonna beat the nv30
              And that is based on what? Some stuff on AnandTech where he didn't notice that limitations on the front end of the card may well be made up for by other new features?

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 May 2002, 10:13.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                Let's wait to see the boards coming from these vendors. We haven't even seen the final P product much less what Matrox might be offering at the time "NV30" products are shipped. Roadmaps and chip specs aren't going to help you get your work/play done.
                seeing that nv30 is gonna be shipped around september i don't think matrox are gonna have another card out, if that is what you are trying to say. Well seeing that for quite a while now nvidia have been top of the 3d market i don't think they are release a product which isn't better than the matrox

Comment

September 'eh?

Might be enough time for them to re-structure their design, if they're lucky

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    September 'eh?

Might be enough time for them to re-structure their design, if they're lucky

Dr. Mordrid
                    lol, my earlier comments may make me seem like a nvidia fan but im matrox man through and through Seeing that nvidia haven't released anything they can basically change their design and no one will really know about it, i just hope this matrox card performs real good on benchmarks and has solid drivers to back it up.

Comment

ppff i hate that nvdia hyp they are already talking that the nxt cart off them is faster so here one from the ozman the Parhelia 1024 the next matrox is going to be even faster then the NV30
                      hope all off you peeps are understanding what i really mean with this bull shit ok????
                      specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
                      video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

Comment

Yeah....you've been hanging with your namesake Mr. Osbourne too long

Dr. Mordrid
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 May 2002, 10:52.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I don't belive we'll se a card from nV before october. ATI will probably be out in september

Comment

I am betting we will see specs of both the NV30 and R300 around August.
                            System Specs:
                            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                            May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                            Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                            And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                            just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                            For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

When you are actually able to get you hands on a "NV30" board about the time of Comdex, Parhelia will have garnered huge momentum and new loyality

I love nVidia in full freakout mode

Comment

Working...
                              X