Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Level of Performance Do You DEMAND?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Level of Performance Do You DEMAND?

Like the title asks, what level of performance do you DEMAND as the bare minimum that a card such as Parhelia perform at?

Since there were a few other polls concerning performance, I thought I would make my own

Clarifier: I am talking about raw 3D speed.

Rags
    GF4
    0%
    Radeon 8500
    0%
    GF3
    0%
    GF2
    0%
    GF1
    0%
    Trident VLB
    0%

You should have a >GF4 option. Voted for 8500, because thats what I own. I'm not too keen on spending half a grand on something slower than what I already have, even if it does have a better overall image quality (and probably better drivers).
    Primary system specs:
    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

i think greater than GF4 levels... as long as its not in Q3/UT/NVMark..
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

60-75 fps, sustained, no frame stutter at all, even with all options enabled, 32 bpp, AA, etc.

NO color banding. NO jagged edges ANYWHERE.

And. of course, as little CPU setup dependency as possible.

Comment

I want a fast card capable of playing UT2 and Doom3 games at medium/high res with all the eye candy and at a decent FPS.

REgards MD
          Interests include:
          Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I'm missing the Matrox Millenium in the poll
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

GF3 and above speed with all the bells and whistles enabled. Doesn't matter how quick it runs if it doesn't look good in the process.
              Cheers, Reckless

Comment

GF4 + speed and nothing less.

Comment

NOTHING beats a Trident VLB!

Comment

My previous card (now have the Max) was a Weiteck P9000 VLB from Diamond driven by a 486/DX2-66 (no PCI MBs available yet then). I don't demand more than my Max right now but if I was going to buy a new card (and the P begs me too), then I'd expect to get leading edge performance, quality, and features (P again!). I might put the P in my current P!!!/850 machine for a short while but I plan on buying another PC for it which will be near-top performance in its market at that time. Like the P itself, I like to have a system with a balance of performance among its components.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I'm with newguy on this one. Out of the list above, I'd have said GF4, because it's currently the closest currently on the market to making that a reality (all features on, vsync enabled, so greater than monitor refresh framerates spikes are a moot point, etc.).
                      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600
                      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

But I NEED 3000fps!! I just signed up for a framerate pissing contest!

j/k
                        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Speed as GF4 but with mutch better picture

Comment

Speed equal or better than GF4Ti4400 but image quality at least as good as a G400MAX.

Comment

Performance that's quite a bit above GF4 Ti 4600 for one,even more so considering that the parhelia will probably be available in high enough volume in perhaps 2~3 months time and by then,Faster cards will be offcially anounced/released by competitors....
                              note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                              P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Working...
                              X