Tom's Hardware checks P. out at E3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom's Hardware checks P. out at E3.

The nvidiots at Tom's hardware takes a look on the Parhelia at E3.

Didn't know that LucasArts were making "Jedi Night 2"!
    I'll buy a new card Soon™, very Soon™!
    + =

It's like a bad car accident. I don't really want to look at it, but for some sick reason I'm compelled to do it anyway.

Comment

If it had been about an NV card that could do 3 monitor widscreen gaming, that "article" would have been 25 pages long.
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Sounded quite positive!

But then again it wasn't that Weinand character that made the comment...

Comment

Actually I think that was a fair assessment, and my experience with Toms on earlier articles from tradeshows he usually only give 1-3 page comments on the places he/them visits...

Cobos
          My Specs
          AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

So much positive about Matrox....

The nVidiot Tom suprises me....

Comment

Tom's actually a pretty cool guy, it's just some of the people that work for him that are dumbasses.
              System Specs:
              Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
              May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
              Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
              And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
              just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
              For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

No, Tom is <I>extremely</I> cocky and too confident to realize the he's out of touch with technology.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Have you ever read a review that Tom actually wrote himself? In the old days he used to write all of his reviews, and they were actually very good. I dunno where you get this attitude about him from....probably from the other people that work for his site, because I would agree with you that they are. I wonder if Tom actually reads their reviews...
                  System Specs:
                  Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                  May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                  Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                  And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                  just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                  For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

True, then money began to guide his ways
                    System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Tom's reviews were quite good, but that was at least 5 years ago. Then he really missed the boat with the AGP/PCI thing, and he's just drifted farther out of touch since then.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Was that about the time sponsered by Nvidea appeared???
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                          Was that about the time sponsered by Nvidea appeared???
                          Actually it was about the time sponsored by 3dfx appeared.

Rags

Comment

didn't have much to say.... other reports where far more intresting
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

All information is good information.
                              At least we have many sources to get info from.

Personally i like thelayout of Toms site, and he has some interesting views.
                              As far as i'm concerned, there isn't "one" good site, there are many pretty good sites...

Somebody could've tried to get a piccy of the card in the machine tho...
                              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                              X