Parhelia-512 Retail Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reckless:
    There is nothing wrong with a dongle, but what I think Rubank was saying (and with which I concur), is that if a connection serves multiple purposes, having to disconnect it is cumbersome (as my example with the triplehead / occasional tv-out states).

AlgoRhythm:
    Perhaps, but I don't really see why they would do that; it would mean changing the productionline, for something a simple dongle can overcome. Besides, I doubt the DVI-circuitry can be omitted...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It most likely can.. It looks like they are using two Silicon Image chips to handle the DVI OUT...
      BTW. Just because lay outs for components and traces are there that doesn't mean they will actually be using them. It's just an indication that they "might" use them. They want to stick to one reference PCB as much as possible for obvious cost&production reasons...
      --

David Van Dromme
      A.K.A. Stormlord/WOW
      Former C64 Scener and Advanced Gravis P'n'p betatester.

Comment

Matrox have announced the card will be £279 in the UK. Check the site, they have prices in CAN$ and EUR€ as well.

Edit: US$399 (399), CAN$619 (402), GBP£278 (414), EUR€446 (426).

The prices in brackets are the equivalent US dollars. You can see US cheapest, followed by CAN. GBP and EUR are a bit more expensive.
        Last edited by Pace; 19 June 2002, 17:03.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Does the £278 UK price include VAT? Hopefully, as I refuse to buy any graphics card costing over £300 on principle.

Comment

add the Vodka And Tonic

about 50 quid

Comment

I was rather annoyed to find that delivery and finally the dreaded VAT had to be added. Full price of card in UK: £337.xx

Which is quite a lot of cash!
              Cheers, Reckless

Comment

r u sure about the VAT?

this would confirm the French matrox news release with a 550 € TTC (incl VAT) price tag .

out of my leap sad

550€ = 530 $ to give you a idea .. pharhelia is 10 % more expensive in europe
                Last edited by notagain; 20 June 2002, 06:13.

Comment

Don'T forget that since the boards, here in Canada, are actually sold in Quebec, you have to had the shipping charges, the %7 GST and the %7.5 QST the last two ones aplied on the previous subtotal, which actually gives you a $720 Can, which equals $468 US... Whatever you do here in Quebec, you always end up getting screwed
                  What was necessary was done yesterday;
                  We're currently working on the impossible;
                  For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                  - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                  - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                  - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                  - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                  - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                  (Server)
                  - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                  - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                  - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                  - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

I assume the Matrox Shop still charges Irish VAT @ 21%, so when it finally arrives in UK, on-line retailers will hopefully be selling it for less.

Comment

Working...
                    X