No announcement yet.

price is it really so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stev1337 ... you may find that a 64MB P card may be a fine gaming card. Remember that the P has improved memory management and is more memory efficient in the way it uses 16xFAA.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

R.Carter
      Ahh, but we're not paying for performance, we're paying for quality and features!

MadScot
      Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

It is all in how you gauge performance. There is a lot more to it than just frames per second. Really, 100fps and 200fps, if the benchmark didn't tell you, would anyone be able to tell the difference?

I am a little confused as to why Matrox is setting this card up as a gaming card. I understand they will sell more cards this way. I hope that the reviews for this card don't center on its gaming, and gets some decent reviews by some real workstation folk, that actually use a computer for more than fragging.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
          Yup.
          Anyone who thinks the card will be 1/2 the initial price in six months is fooling themselves.
          3 years later, G400 is still not 1/2 it's original price.
          You may be right, but like I said I can wait. Doesn't make sense for most to be on the bleeding edge...not at that pricepoint anyway
          Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Originally posted by torhelge
            Anyone from Norway here ?

Because today a dollar is only worth 7,6 Norwegian Kroners. That means that you by ordering the card from shopmatrox, can get it for around 3200 NOK. Just half a year ago, that was equal to ca. 320$. I liiiiiiiike it ;D
            Torhelge, as I stated in another thread, the cost of the parhelia for norwegians are 299$ inc s&h, + 23% mva + 3% tax + whatever the post office charges you...

As for the 1 USD = 7,6 NOK... Then it's gone up... When I checked the currency exchange before pre-ordering, it was 7,4... Oh, well...

Comment

Working...
            X