Other Drivers for Parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Drivers for Parhelia?

Only to know the opinion of other murcer's.

Obviously, NT, XP and 2000 aren't in the poll because Matrox have already those drivers! :P

Goodbye!
    I have all the drivers I need
    0%
    I want at least PowerDesk for Windows ME
    0%
    I want at least PowerDesk for Windows 98
    0%
    I want at least PowerDesk for Windows 95
    0%
    I want at least Display Driver for Windows ME
    0%
    I want at least Display Driver for Windows 98
    0%
    I want at least Display Driver for Windows 95
    0%
    I want at least Display Driver for Windows 3.11
    0%
    I want a Linux driver now!
    0%
    <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
    <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

ehm, don't you agree that if they decide to invest time and money in writing drivers for one of the Win9x based OSes, there probably would be little extra effort to support them all, since their driver architecture is very similar? In that case you could put all those Win9x OSes under the same entry in the poll.

btw. perhaps the similarity in driver structure between the different NT-based OSes probably is one of the reasons Matrox decided to write NT4 drivers for the Parhelia? And large corporations tend to still use NT4, another important factor?

Comment

If anyone votes for Win 3.11, I will personally take the responsibilty to smack that person!!!

Comment

linux will do nicely, my next video card will have to have full linux hardware support.

sadly nvidia is probably the front runner right now

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
          linux will do nicely, my next video card will have to have full linux hardware support.

sadly nvidia is probably the front runner right now
          The Kyro based cards support OpenGL under Linux

Although it is still in beta stages, it's publically available
          "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
          Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
          DriverHeaven administrator
          PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
            If anyone votes for Win 3.11, I will personally take the responsibilty to smack that person!!!
            Hope that Ant logged the IP of the fool that voted Win3.11, so that he may be revealed to us
            Peter Aragon
            Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

one question please:

where is the point in display-drivers only and no powerdesk ?
              Imho the reason for Parhelia is 16FAA etc.

Come on Matrox...
              de hülben seck de ü.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Aragon

Hope that Ant logged the IP of the fool that voted Win3.11, so that he may be revealed to us

I was going to so that Novdid would be able to smack someone. Fortunately, I was too late.
                #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                people do all day!"

Comment

I haven't voted for win3.11 (yet), but I would actually like drivers for that; actually, personally I'd pick that in preference to 9x drivers. It's a hassle to have to dig out a working 486 box when you need to do something that only works in 3.11 (there are some things, they're mostly related to RS232 or NIDAQ... ) It'd be nice to just be able to boot into DOS/3.11 on main machines when needed, rather than having to maintain the old ones too.

Do I get punched if I haven't actually voted?
                  MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Originally posted by Wienerschnitzl
                    one question please:

where is the point in display-drivers only and no powerdesk ?
                    Imho the reason for Parhelia is 16FAA etc.

Come on Matrox...
                    Thats a valid point - but here's a counter argument

Take a decent rock-solid OS like Linux or *BSD
                    Many apps require a GUI of some sorts, so a basic 2D driver fits the bill very nicely.

After this userbase goes "ooooohhhh ahhhhh" when the 2D works, Matrox can then concenrate on getting 3D support + PD options working

Bottom line is that a lotta stuff needs 2D working as the bare minimum. 3D shitz is optional
                    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
                    Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
                    DriverHeaven administrator
                    PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Voted for linux drivers.
                      Don't need it now, but would be very nice to see full linux support.

/Flyke

Comment

Windows 3.x, Windows 95, and Windows 98 classic and SE are now out of support.

Experience the latest Microsoft Windows 11 features. Learn how our latest Windows OS gives you more ways to work, play, and create.

Windows 2000 (sadly) and Windows ME are growing ever closer to the own termination point. It would seem that Windows 2000 users will be lucky to see a SP4 at the current rate.

It's time to stop resisting the change, break a few eggs, and move forward. Your OS is a piece of software, not a fine wine that ages gracefully.

It's little wonder that Matrox doesn't want to support 9x. Additional codebase and an additional hassle isn't worth it to their audience. I don't think the average person who bought Parhelia card for it's ability to drive two or three huge monitors plus the enticement of a ceritfied OpenGL driver are honestly all that interested in 9x support.
                        <a href="http://www.unspacy.com/ryu/systems.htm">Ryu's PCs</a>

Comment

I use only Windows XP, so I've no need for other drivers...however they should release Linux ones for interested parties.
                          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

2D only win9x drivers would be nice. Dont realy need it for games, but it is still needed.

Ali

Comment

Microsoft does itself some support for W9X: last version of DirectX (8.1) is also for Win98 and NOT for W95 (stopped at version 8.0a)

(Link to MS directX site)

Is Parhelia a DirectX 8 card?

I think if Matrox can do at least the same support as Microsoft does can be a good thing....

My opinion remain: full support (Display Drivers + Powerdesk) starting from Windows98 and basic support (only Display Drivers) for other Windows version.

Occasionally my opinion and my necessities are the same

Obviously --- For linux the full support is a must!
                              <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
                              <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

Working...
                              X