No announcement yet.

Other Drivers for Parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot Matrox, and all the Matrox moderators on this forum who betray the common woman who doesnt have time to review 20 different reviews.
    Then maybe you shouldn't be the IT person. That solves your guessing problem.

Hmm, I'm having a hard time figuring out if the above statement is just plain mean. Or is one of those truthful facts that's bound to irritate the hypersensitive.
    <a href="http://www.unspacy.com/ryu/systems.htm">Ryu's PCs</a>

Comment

Come on Colette ... you're going to try and blame Matrox for your ineptitude?! Didn't you even bother to read the minimum system requirements on their site?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Thanks a lot Matrox, and all the Matrox moderators on this forum who betray the common woman who doesnt have time to review 20 different reviews.
        As someone else mentioned, you're obviously unqualified for your job. In addition, nobody here "betrayed" you. Nobody here said "I'm running Win9x drivers" etc, etc. In fact, the opposite was said. Feel free to go away now. I'm glad you don't work with me. In one statement you've made shallow attempts to both avoid blame and also direct your frustrations on others.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Re: --Not good for me!

Originally posted by Colette27
          I talked my company into ordering 14 new Matrox cards, I'm the IT person i guess, anyways,

They show up, and NO WIN 98 drivers!!

They are all being sent back. My boss isn't very happy, and says if a computer hardware company cant support his business, he doesnt need them.

Colette S.
          maybe, if your business is running enough computers to justify 14 Parhelias (and has the money to buy 14 parhelias) you should be running at least Windows 2000 on your machines.

i would highly recommend using the money to switch to 2k instead of buying parhelias, as you would get far more benefits out of that than going with an update graphics card.

as other people have said, no one has ever made claims to it working in 98. in fact, there have been quite a number of threads about the lack of Windows 98 drivers. this was your own mistake for ordering without reading the requirements, or at least doing any sort of research into the matter.

as to your boss, there are many companies that sell products that require at least Windows 2000 and do not support it under 98. your boss is quite simply showing himself to be an arogant ass by stating that, and showing himself to have quite a poor grasp on business to think that companies deserve his business.

i am glad i do not work at whatever business you do, as there are at least 2 people who have no idea what they are doing.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Hmmm. I betrayed a common woman because I am a moderator?
            How terrible of me.

I would be mad if I was your boss too. I'd just be realizing what an incompotent IT "person" I hired.

You don't need to read 20 reviews to know the system requirements of a piece of hardware. Matrox's own site tells you plainly what OSs are suppoted. ONE page, at the manufactures own site. How difficult is that? Your own ignorance got you into this mess. And you're only digging yourself in deeper trying to sell your boss on GeForce cards, instead of what has already been mentioned, an OS upgrade. Win9x is dead. Move into the new millennium's software if you want to run new hardware.

And don't show up at a forum that you are unknown at, and have no idea what you are talking about, and start spouting off and blaming people you don't even know for your own stupidity. I never told you the card would run 9x, so don't spew your mental diahreah at me.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I talked my company into ordering 14 new Matrox cards, I'm the IT person i guess, anyways,

I think if you are the IT person, you've maked a mistake, buying some piece of hardware that does not have the requirements for your business... sorry!

They are all being sent back. My boss isn't very happy, and says if a computer hardware company cant support his business, he doesnt need them.
              This is another thing..... obviously you have NOT considered buying a less sophisticated card from the same company that does support W98... or you need the horsepower of Matrox Parhelia?
              I think Matrox can support your businness, but with another graphics card!
              if you need tyo use parhelia with W98, you can ask at customer service:
              (Link to a similar problem into matrox forum)

Have any moderator betrayed you? I think none.
              You definitely don't need to read the reviews on different sites to know about drivers for Win98.
              You can easily read the unique reference:
              Link to the Matrox Parhelia page
              .. please read under "minimum system requirements".....

I'm sorry for you..

I had the same problem (W98+Parhelia), but BEFORE buy !
              Last edited by Zanna; 14 August 2002, 02:14.
              <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
              <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi
                LOL ... I didn't know Kruzin was a Matrox moderator
                Ugh.... maybe Colette27 are thinking MURC is MATROX ?

Another mistake
                <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
                <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

Hi!

I missed OS/2 or eCS (eComstation) in the list of os that need drivers.

Something is going on my nerves....
                  Matrox DevRel still isn't able to deliver SciTech Software specs and a card about 3 month after SciTech asked for both.
                  It's really a shame!

Also Haig couldn't help, because it's not his Department. He forwarded the request and DevRel said they would call SciTech Software the same day, but nothing happend after that.

I'll buy my Parhelia on Friday, but without accelerated OS/2 drivers it's not that much fun.
                  I hope they (Matrox DevRel) finally get into gear and send SciTech what they have asked for.
                  cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                  ---
                  Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                  JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                  Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Re: --Not good for me!

Colette, first of all Matrox clearly stated from the start no drivers for Windows 98, if you were responsible for ordering these cards then the responsibility of ensuring compatibility with the systems they were intended for is yours and yours alone. Take it on the shoulders, don't blame everyone else.

Secondly this site is nothing to do with Matrox, there are no "Matrox" moderators here, it is purely an independent site for users run by users. If you'd asked here before you bought you would quickly have been set straight, you obviously didn't do that so have no right to come here blaming us for your own mistake.

Colette S.

Comment

Colette is doubling posting his or her jokes now. Jolly Good. Move on .
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Users happy with Win2k/XP drivers: 30%
                        Users wanting Linux driver support: 39%
                        Users wanting some Win9x/Me support: 31%

I don't think that's too insignificant! Admittedly those 31% might get or have a Parhelia anyway, and would like Win9x as an extra, but I wonder what percentage actually refuse to buy a Parhelia unless it's got 9x support.
                        Meet Jasmine.
                        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                        X