Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retail Parhelia not at retail clock speeds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Parhelia not at retail clock speeds...

I saw another post on this in another read, and for the life of me cannot remember which one...

but anyways, i saw someone who was looking at the dump of their Parhelia bios and saw that it was not running at the real retail speeds. so i decided to dump my bios and read up on it...

and, lo and behold, the GPU speed is at 217mhz and the memory clock is at 542mhz...

i'm curious how many other people have seen this?
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Same here, RMA'd retail Parhelia.

R.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Comment

Hmmmmm, my Parhelia is reporting the same things...... anyone going to post this in Matrox's tech support forums Monday morning?
      "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
      Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
      DriverHeaven administrator
      PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

i wonder if this has any impact with the horizontal flickering....

hrmmm....

edit: probably doesn't, as they have acknowledge the problem and are probably using a newer board or one that is not affected by this...
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

My dump reported proper retail settings of 220/550. Now running beautifully at 238/620 and can run at 240/620...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Here's a nice reference to us: http://www.darkcrow.co.kr/homedirect....asp?idx=#1316

Comment

How do I "dump" my BIOS? Or tell if my retail P is really retail?
              My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

Comment

Originally posted by BCompDude
                How do I "dump" my BIOS? Or tell if my retail P is really retail?
                "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

Comment

K6-III are you OCing via PInS or with MTSTU?
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

probably through pins, note the high memory score.

my OEM is clocked at exactly 200/500 as it should be. doesn't overclock very well though.

Comment

The codes on lines 10, 140 and 156 are all different from the ones stated in http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36813.
                      The one on 380 is the same though as the retail.
                      They do not match neither of the two card variants, retail or OEM.
                      10 2 0x050A
                      140 4 0x9D7F0002
                      156 4 0x23230000
                      380 4 0x52383231

My clocks are at 217/542 MHz.

Lines 12 and 28 seem to contain some strings, what does yours say?
                      12 16 'PBMxxxxx'
                      28 6 '404A'

Last edited by Zao; 15 October 2002, 04:53.
                      <font size="-4">User error:
                      Replace user and try again.
                      System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
                      System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
                      </font>

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                        K6-III are you OCing via PInS or with MTSTU?
                        Via PINS...

Comment

Originally posted by Zao
                          Lines 12 and 28 seem to contain some strings, what does yours say?
                          12 16 'PBMxxxxx'

28 6 '404A'
                          PBM is the serial number of the board
                          I've no idea what 404A refferes to. Aside from that, mines the same as yours and mines also supposedly a Retail
                          Last edited by UberLord; 14 October 2002, 15:54.

Comment

Mine is also a retail, but says 402 instead of 404A....

Comment

mine says 404A as well...

lines 10, 140 and 156 are also the same as Zao's....

can someone whos pins file reports it at 220mhz and 550mhz post it? i would highly recommend editing out line 12, as that is the serial number....

Comment

Working...
                              X