No announcement yet.

moan, moan and moan ..lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely understand m8, though the Parhelia has had mixed results depending on ppl's other hardware like mobo and monitor etc, some ppl have had loads of probs and others haven't had any, but you could say the same about the Radeon 9700 and AGP 8x, Though I can completely see where you are coming from. The main pull when I bought the card was the price and I'm usually up for a challenge but lets wait and see, I should Have card by tomorrow

Comment

...I'm one of those with no problems, and extremely happy with it for MY purposes.
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

Stingray-

Your MOBO cant take a agp8 card - so why wait?

RedRed
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

The reason to wait would be not only AGP8x, but also the bugfixes and higher clockspeeds it should bring....
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

The key thing thats busted in a Parhelia is that coruption in 3d - in a window - right?

the asnio is in certain games, not others, right?

- big deal -
            for most of us mortals we will play our eyecandy full screen - and games without asnio we will live with until they are patched - or we will do without....

waiting for a x8AGP card is just silly, if you have to replace your whole PC just to fit it!

I say get one now (or when there is a modest price drop), and enjoy it for a while....

I am typing now on a G400, on a celeron 466 dula proc PC - (OK its my file server) and its still great!

My P will be just fine too, when I get it, and I will live within the tolerances of the card.

If you feel that you can wait until the P][ makes it to the streets - and your system can actually take advantage of it - then you may as well seriously consider one of the then range of AGP8 cards out.... they will have newer cores, newer tech....

RedRed
            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Actually the 3D issue is very visible in a 3D window but it is still there in fullscreen as long as you play a game with bright colors. And that is the sole reason I haven't bought a Parhelia yet, I can justify paying a lot for a graphics card if I know I'm paying for good support and a quality part. Why else would I be in love with my Eizo monitor ?

Cobos
              My Specs
              AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

You have good taste Cobos Eizo, I also have an Eizo SUPERB! monitor

Comment

Originally posted by Gear
                  It seems like a Millenium I with a 2/4 MB memory add-on.
                  Yes! Or a Millennium II with 12mb expansion.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I wish to mail the fvcker and correct him but is it safe to give my VISA card # on EBAY?
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Dude, it has COMPAQ painted on the PCB, it's an OEM card.
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                        Dude, it has COMPAQ painted on the PCB, it's an OEM card.

AAARGGGH just give me his E-Mail and I'l be over him like a herd of teath and fingernails!
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by RedRed
                          Stingray-

Your MOBO cant take a agp8 card - so why wait?

RedRed
                          RedRed,
                          As mentioned, I'm not looking for an 8x part...
                          It's all the fixes that the 8x part brings, just look at the front page for the details...

Also, What else is broken that we haven't found out about? where there is smoke there is fire... usually there are many issues that are either unknown or not thought important enough to fix...
                          I don't want a future Game or App. to find an errata later on...
                          no card is future proof, but why buy a card you know has a defect??
                          like buying a car to which you know has a horrible engine defect [ie overheating]...

Whichever, I'll update the wife's machine with Firewire and AIW with the money I had for the P.... When my budget has enough in it for a P again we'll have an 8x part or a PII either way doesn't matter.....

comments..
                          Craig
                          1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Working...
                          X