extreme parhelia memory clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extreme parhelia memory clocks

ive had my bulk parhelia for 2 months now and have recently been playing around overclocking it with some very interesting results though i am not entirely sure i beleve them.
    my core is stable with retail heatsink/fan and another fan blowing over the card at 230mhz, nothing too spectacular there
    but my memory has gone all the way up to 348mhz(696ddr) i have done the bioshack to get it to 600mhz then used the software overclocker to take it up an extra16%(96mhz) i havent tried to take it further as the core will not allow for it but in time i will try, benchies to follow when i get 5 minutes but it ran 3dmark at that speed with no problems so it appears to be stable
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

How hot is it?
    You have ramshinks on?
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

no ramsinks just an 80mm fan blowing over the card, funny thing is this though
      i tried increasing memory speed using the bioshack and could only get it to 660mhz without funny things happening to the screen yet the software will happily perform a 14% overclock when the ram is 620 in the bios.
      heres the link

» http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4983008
      8272 3dmarks
      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Could you run those benchies again with the fillrate tests included???
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by borat
          no ramsinks just an 80mm fan blowing over the card, funny thing is this though
          i tried increasing memory speed using the bioshack and could only get it to 660mhz without funny things happening to the screen yet the software will happily perform a 14% overclock when the ram is 620 in the bios.
          heres the link

» http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4983008
          8272 3dmarks
          sounds good so far !

but as K6-III already said, please run all tests and if possible provide some scores, based on default clocks for better comparison ...
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Your CPU... 192 FSB!? What the hell is that...
            And your almost doubled my fps
            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Your performance can go up further if you buy a different motherboard with the SIS or Intel chipset.

VIA will decrease performance.

Comment

You can't quite get an Intel chipset on an AMD platform...
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

As far as I know the fastest chipset on the AMD platform right now is either KT333 or KT400 (you can't buy a SiS746 or nForce2 based board just yet).

Note: I said fastest not the best, we all know that SiS745 boards from MSI and Asus are th best and most stable!!!

Comment

Hey ASUS A7S333 won't allow voltage adjustment... not recommended. If I had another chance I'd go for MSI 745 Ultra (or the new 748) instead of Asus A7S333... mis-advertisement!!!

And yes I'm seriously bottlenecked by the SDRAM... no money.

Back to topic, are you sure the max for core is 230mhz? Can't go any further??

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
                      Note: I said fastest not the best, we all know that SiS745 boards from MSI and Asus are th best and most stable!!!
                      make that MSI and ECS for SIS

Comment

My ECS SiS is BLOODY slow though, comparing with my mate's P4S533 with the same cpu (my cpu!)

Comment

Yeah, as you noted, it's the SDRAM limitation. There really shouldn't have been a third party SDRAM board, SiS should've jumped right into DDR boards for P4 (although there might've been some logistical problems with this ).
                          Meet Jasmine.
                          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

DDR was restricted on P4 due to Intel's agreement with Rambus, I believe.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                            X