Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is that chip on top of the Parhelia???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that the original release "diagram" from Matrox showed the Parhelia as having VIP connectors as well. Matrox excels at throwing good features away.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I was pointing out that is the plug that could probably be used on the G400. however here is a picture of a plug that MIGHT be usable on the Parhelia, however i dont think the pin arangement that goes into the board will match up with the holes on the board, but its a poor quality image. it was the 1st i was able to find on google

If you went to someplace like www.digikey.com or www.mouser.com you could probably find the exact port you need

Originally posted by Greebe
      wrong connector Doug... it's for an Svid output not composite vid out
      Last edited by D0ug; 22 November 2002, 16:43.

Comment

so what you are saying is that the signals are actually running to the soldering points but they just did not solder one of those 50c cheapo connectors on it?
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

From what i read in a post in these forums a few months back, yes for the g400. i dont know about the parhelia.

I just found the topic its under

Originally posted by thop
          so what you are saying is that the signals are actually running to the soldering points but they just did not solder one of those 50c cheapo connectors on it?

Comment

It goes alot deeper than that thop. The drivers must be made so it's enabled and supported properly for it all to work.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

is there a date for your NDA to be lifted?

Comment

It's probably 24 hours after your pulse stops

Comment

Working...
                X