Parhelia Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahardjan
    LOL that quote is priceless Joonie at least for me. If you notice no difference then I must congratulate you for having non-sensitive eyes. I for one have noticed the difference moving from a G400 => ATI Radeon VIVO => MSI GF4 Ti4200.... and it was all down hill if I ran them at 1280x1024 on my Sony G200 monitor. Now what makes things worse is my G400 is in my second box running a KDS 17VE monitor at 1280x1024 and it looks better then when my machine was running either the ATI/MSI.

Heck... I even remember my eyes watering for the first week that I had the ATI and MSI cards because things were so blurry
    so ture. same here. G550 shifting to R8500. that's why i dun put it in my main machine

Comment

you make me sad...

I thought about gfFX5200 or Radeon9000 (I want passively cooled card) but I guess I'll have to go matrox way (low end parhelia?)...only thing left is too see what radeon9600 or kyroIII (if it will be out...) will do in terms of IQ (maybe it will be enough...) and passive cooling...

Comment

Originally posted by ahardjan
        LOL that quote is priceless Joonie at least for me. If you notice no difference then I must congratulate you for having non-sensitive eyes. I for one have noticed the difference moving from a G400 => ATI Radeon VIVO => MSI GF4 Ti4200.... and it was all down hill if I ran them at 1280x1024 on my Sony G200 monitor. Now what makes things worse is my G400 is in my second box running a KDS 17VE monitor at 1280x1024 and it looks better then when my machine was running either the ATI/MSI.

Heck... I even remember my eyes watering for the first week that I had the ATI and MSI cards because things were so blurry
        did you try adjusting the focus of your screen? (or wouldn't that do squat? me wonders...)

Comment

I had a Radeon 7000 and its image quality was superb even at 1600*1200@85hz. I also preferred it over my G400 simply because it had a lighter font. From what I have heard, the ATI produced 7000's had some of their best image quality. Sorry but cant vouch for some of their newer cards
          Interests include:
          Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I know that my Quadro II at work is a real JOKE for dual screen. My secondary monitor looks like real sh!t at higher resolutions than 1024x768 (ridiculous on my 19" monitors), and the colors are completly off regardless of the resolution (and yes, my monitors are calibrated correctly).
            Near scrollbars or bright objects on a dark background, I can clearly see a ghost image. I can't understand how a company can release such a horrible product and still get away with it. My Matrox G450 gave me much better IQ, but alas I need to work in 3D-intensive apps.

Comment

funny thing is, they call it a workstation card

Comment

Yes I did everything I could on my Sony G200 monitor at 1280x1024 to make the image better. Alas nothing I could do could make the image as sharp as my old G400. Infact my old G400 mocks me from my second computer where it drives a relatively crudy KDS 17VE at 1152x864 and it looks significantly better then the GF4 or ATI Radeon do on my Sony
                The poster formerly known as "ahardjan"

Comment

Originally posted by XHotKolaX
                  You're right. So stop pissing here, buy a 9700Pro, and be done with it.
                  Are you gonna give me money to buy that shit?

Comment

Originally posted by joonie
                    So your only intent here is for a pissing match then. I can't be assed, sorry.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
                    ASUS A7N8X
                    Corsair 1GB PC3200
                    Parhelia 128MB
                    EIZO L685EX

Comment

sell your Parhelia ...
                      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                      LG BH10LS38
                      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi
                        sell your Parhelia ...
                        Very easy for you to say that Maggi...

Comment

Very easy for you to say that Maggi...
                          well, it's a logical step to do, since you hate it SO much...

and yea. apparently you made a bad decision. Maybe next time do some research before buying something THAT expensive

Edit: oh yea. I dun like to argue with people (In fact, i rarely do so), but i think these are logical steps to take since you hate Parhelia so much

Comment

I think the image quality on my Radeon AIW 9700 pro is great, I only use it at 1280x1024 on a samsung 191t lcd though if that makes a difference. My old G400 was really good though... fond memories of that card.

I think the R8500 was the worst 2-D I've seen recently.
                            Intel Pentium 4 2.53Ghz@2.63Ghz | Intel "Blue Mountain" D845PEBT2 (845PE) |1GB Mushkin PC2700 2-2-2 |ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9700 Pro |Matrox G450 PCI 32MB | (2) WD360GD Raptor SATA (36GB, 10,000rpm) | (2) WD1200JB (120GB, 7200rpm) | Sound Blaster Audigy 2 | Plextor 40x12x40x CD-RW | Toshiba 16x DVD | Cooler Master ATC-710GX2 | Zalman ZM400A-APF 400w PSU | Zalman CNPS7000-CU HSF | Cambridge Soundworks Microworks | Silicon Graphics USB Keyboard | Logitech MX700 Wireless Mouse | Samsung SyncMaster 191T | Samsung SyncMaster 172W | Windows XP Professional SP1

Comment

If you're on an LCD, then image quality is an entirely different conversation. If you're using a DVI connection, then it's almost a non-conversation.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Joonie,
                                I think your opinion about Parhelia and the driver release schedule is changing all the time! You say here that the performance of the card is very poor and you should move to a something else, not to mention the poor driver support. On the other hand, I think you said at Matrox Tech Support Forums that the software team must take all the time they need to finish new drivers. I think you also said to the others: "Hey, ladies, chill out here."

Please try to make up your mind...

Comment

Working...
                                X