No announcement yet.

Parhelia Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I use DVI on my radeon for my LCD. DVI is the way to go, especially for games (less trailing)

I cant wait till I get my second LCD with g450pci so I can hook that up with DVI too, then I can do a little comparison.
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53Ghz@2.63Ghz | Intel "Blue Mountain" D845PEBT2 (845PE) |1GB Mushkin PC2700 2-2-2 |ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9700 Pro |Matrox G450 PCI 32MB | (2) WD360GD Raptor SATA (36GB, 10,000rpm) | (2) WD1200JB (120GB, 7200rpm) | Sound Blaster Audigy 2 | Plextor 40x12x40x CD-RW | Toshiba 16x DVD | Cooler Master ATC-710GX2 | Zalman ZM400A-APF 400w PSU | Zalman CNPS7000-CU HSF | Cambridge Soundworks Microworks | Silicon Graphics USB Keyboard | Logitech MX700 Wireless Mouse | Samsung SyncMaster 191T | Samsung SyncMaster 172W | Windows XP Professional SP1

Comment

Originally posted by Mikko
      Joonie,
      I think your opinion about Parhelia and the driver release schedule is changing all the time! You say here that the performance of the card is very poor and you should move to a something else, not to mention the poor driver support. On the other hand, I think you said at Matrox Tech Support Forums that the software team must take all the time they need to finish new drivers. I think you also said to the others: "Hey, ladies, chill out here."

Please try to make up your mind...
      I know I changed my mind about the driver, because I realized that urging makes no difference, BUT that doesn't mean I'm totally satisfied with P. I have already bought the card and since I can't just put it away and buy a new one, I have to stick with my card whether it's lovely or crappy.
      And I, too want new driver badly as much as any of you here, but I decided to be patient.

Comment

I recently scrapped my Radeon 9000 Pro 64mb for a used Parhelia 128mb that I just couldn't let go by for the price. Unfortunately I installed the new version of .NET software so I could use Powerdesk HF and was greeted with the "unexpected error" message. So I uninstalled the 1.1 version and now I get the mesage that I need the .NET software installed. Anyone know where I can download a copy? All I could find on the MS site was version 1.1.

However, I forgot how good the Matrox 2D quality is. Wow! When I removed my G400 MAX for the Radeon 9000 I convinced myself that the 2D quality was good enough compared to Matrox. After sitting in front of my monitor for the last .000000002 seconds I realized that Matrox, while not the fastest 3D card maker, will always be at the top of the heap in 2D quality.

I hope the new drivers come out soon as well. Unless of course I can score the 1.0 version of .NET software.
        Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

I wish I could run into a Parhelia for like $300 CDN, I would snap it up in heart beat and sell my stinking GeForce4 Ti4200. I just find myself playing less games and wanting to do more non-gaming things on my computer. The only plus the GeForce4 has is the fact they have some sort of OpenGL drivers in Linux... but I can live partially with out that
          The poster formerly known as "ahardjan"

Comment

Originally posted by IM_Riktar
            Unless of course I can score the 1.0 version of .NET software.
            look here:

.NET Compact Framework 1.0 Redistributable

.NET Framework Service Pack 2
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Thanks for the reply Maggi. I uninstalled the 1.1, loaded 1.0 abd I am off and running!
              Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Working...
              X