No announcement yet.

Millennium P-Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although these P650 and P750 cards make a reasonable upgrade for my G450... I cant help feeling that all the video card manufacturers will have something new about the time DoomIII hits the shelves. I do not think the timing will be a coincidence and I am not yet convinced Matrox wont have *something* more to contribute though as usual I wont be able to afford it.

/me pats his G450 .. there there.

Comment

• There's nothing prettier than a fresh pint of Guinness.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

• Ever tasted a Guinness from Dublin? Supposedly better, although I do not like it to start with
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

• I read an article about Ireland. The cab driver and other admitted to author, that most of them doesn't like guiness, but most of them drink it nontheless out of national pride.

For instance we drink 2 brands here out of regional pride.

Comment

• Heh... going very OT here... But it's about beer so it's OK.

Is it Lashko Utwig? Not a bad beer. I prefer it over almost any Croatian beer, but since i grew up on Ozujsko, I usually drink that one.

Back on topic...
            I'm satisfied with the numbers Matrox provided and will definitely go for a P750!
            Looks like G400MAX will finaly retire.

/me pats his G400MAX .. there there.

Comment

• very OT/
              It's Lasko vs Union. Since I'm from Ljubljana I'm supposed to drink Union, but I tend to rather drink Lasko.

Comment

• the P750 looks great, nothing will be able to compete with its image quality for the price (except maybe another matrox card )

way to go Matrox!
                Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

• Originally posted by George YS
                  Nice to see Matrox's announcement of new product.
                  But i quite doubt about the market of P-650, for a similar price there are plenty of mid-end ATI and Nvidia cards with better performance. So who will buy the P-650 except matrox lovers like us?
                  I dont consider myself a matrox lover but...

i assume your referring to 3d performance/speed, clearly the purpose of these graphics cards is not for playing games, hence there is no need for fast frame rates in 3d gaming because they are not for that market initially.

They are precisely designed for workstation and/or business clientele which high quality and stability is an absolute must, I wouldn't dear go near any "gaming solution". Image quality is the first thing i put on my check list, even the benefits of the text anti-analasing in hardware alone would make my life a whole lot easier I'm constantly dealing with text and typography everyday, and the better the representation I can get before print the quicker I can get the work done because it becomes very difficult to get a feel of how it would look when the text either appears very blockyor out of focus.

I'd be prepared to pay as much a parhelia, but since they have released something a bit more affordable, it makes more sense to go with a p-series graphics card.

Comment

• I know from several inside sources that Haig tends to prefer hot faxe
                    Peter Aragon
                    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

• oh yeah,... I remember!

for the no-insiders: we promised Haig some time ago to pour hot faxe down his throat if he doesn´t tell us the specs of the new parhelia card...

Maybe he´s on Cebit next year
                      Last edited by Schattenreiter; 27 May 2003, 07:00.
                      There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
                      For so long as one´s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
                      -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

• Welcome to MURC, GraphicDesigner.

As for me, the p750 would be perfect to replace my ageing g400, had to move it to another computer as i dont have the heart to give it away...and matrox products have a long long life.. my old millenuium is chugging along happily in a friend's PC. The most intensive game i am playing at home is neverwinternights at which g400 struggled using a tnt2ultra... the difference in quality is glaring.

Hope p750 ships in good volumes.
                        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

• What is pour hot faxe????

Comment

• You could search the forums for hot faxe, he explains it himself. It's a kind of beer, that is preferably served slightly above room temperature
                            Peter Aragon
                            Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

• ahaaaa! I get it!

Comment

• So Matrox says shipping end of May. Did anyone got one yet?

Fellow MURCer who preordered didn't.

Sasq: how about review sample?

Comment

Working...
                                X