Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does somebody know the verax g02?

Hi!

Since the P runs fairly hot, I'm thinking about improving the cooling of the beast.

The G02 is rather pricy (~50/60E, but hey it's copper!), but if somebody has experiences with it or can even point me to some reviews, that would be great!

Verax-G02 page:

Verax - Der Blog rund um Themen zum Haus, Heim & Garten ✔ Technik ✔ Kreatives ✔ Einrichtung ✔ Energie uvm → Jetzt unseren Blog besuchen

Hope that this strange session-ided url works...

Edit: link doesn't work, try www.verax.de, select Products/Produkte, then GPU-cooling/GPU-Kühlsysteme, -> G02.
    Last edited by a_h; 15 September 2003, 00:54.

Looks like this:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

I finally got my DUAL 1.4GHZ board togehter, and just got a Parhelia. I was also looking at this cooler too, which costs $75 in the US. Did you get one? How is it?

-V-
      ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

Hi X-Caliber!

Glad to hear you got your machine up and running!

I can only tell you just my thoughts since I don't own one yet.

The standard 40mm cooler on the P delivers about 7-8 m^3/h, whereas the verax delivers about 15m^3/h even at the lowest speed (~1500rpm). Especially in conjunction with the 2mm copper plate should the verax perform silently and powerfully at the same time.

Nice side effect: the ram should be cooled to (due to the vast amount of air pushed above the chip).

Unfortunatly it's pretty expensive!

Cheers, Hannes

Comment

Originally posted by X-Caliber
          http://silentmaxx.net/mcart/index.cgi?PID=IT41&code=13

Hi!

I finally got my DUAL 1.4GHZ board togehter, and just got a Parhelia. I was also looking at this cooler too, which costs $75 in the US. Did you get one? How is it?

-V-
          Did you get one? Wish I could find it cheaper...
          P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Nope. Right.

AFAIK it's the only cooler especially made for the P. But verax is really expensive and hard to get. Bad combination somehow.

Comment

Will keep looking, or maybe somebody will get tired of looking at it in inventory and dunp stock. it can't be that popular I wouldn't think.
              P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

down to $63 + s/h which is still ~$70. going to be a little hard to find competition in the us for this it appears.

Comment

where did you find it for $63?

-V-
                  ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Comment

-V-
                    I should have linked it but didn't. It came up in a google search but wasn't much cheaper than you found so didn't pay much attention.

Edit: Found it, view the order form on veraxfans.com after selecting the gpu cooling tab
                    Last edited by gangster; 10 November 2003, 06:42.

Comment

-V-
                      find it ok? it's a crazy link

Comment

Thanks! I was planning to get one. The Parhelia is really hot, but I don't want the Verax fan to block the adjacent PCI slot.

Comment

I ordered one even though I never thought I would, I have a 30 day refund option.....

Will let you know the results!

Comment

Thanks!! I'll wait for your results. Is there any way for you to measure the temperature difference?

Comment

Thanks!! I'll wait for your results. Is there any way for you to measure the temperature difference?

I don't have anything to measure the temp of the gpu. Would this be an inexpensive radio shack type item? I'm unfamiliar with this kind of stuff but might get something if wasn't expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X