Interesting read (ExtremeTech)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should have written it like this:

we're very serious about the release of Longhorn and I'm relatively certain that we'll have a solid platform for supporting this future OS.
    Last edited by FormerEx-SalesSoup; 20 October 2003, 10:05.
    OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

hey Soupy, does Matrox have any PCI versions of the P-series in planning? Since TFTs get more and more populair, I bet that many people are willing to upgrade to dual DVI while keeping an AGP card hooked up to CRT for games or other applications like photoshop, where CRT gives a clear advantage over TFT. A cheap dual DVI PCI solution would have quite some demand probably.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
        hey Soupy, does Matrox have any PCI versions of the P-series in planning? Since TFTs get more and more populair, I bet that many people are willing to upgrade to dual DVI while keeping an AGP card hooked up to CRT for games or other applications like photoshop, where CRT gives a clear advantage over TFT. A cheap dual DVI PCI solution would have quite some demand probably.
        haven't heard any plans for one...
        OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

I just thought that it's also a very easy way to add TFTs/CRTs modulary this way, if/when you will support multiple of those cards in a single system.

With this I can also see why Matrox doesn't want this to happen. It might/will eat into their sales of the MMS series, since it probably will be much cheaper than a comparable single-card solution

Comment

Originally posted by ex-SalesSoup
            should have written it like this:

we're very serious about the release of Longhorn and I'm relatively certain that we'll have a solid platform for supporting this future OS.
            Does everyone at Matrox have a way with slick wording?

Comment

I take that back, you don't need slick wording. You can say whatever the hell you want and pretend like it never happened.

Comment

Working...
              X