Doing a Parhelia or How to Break Promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Maggi!

Ja ist wirklich keine tolle Sache, die Matrox da mit ihren Fans aufführt.

Aber - um ehrlich zu sein - bin ich froh, wenn die paar Treiber-Entwickler ihre Zeit nicht mir dem Entwickeln von VS 2.0-Treibern vertut, sondern sich mehr um dringendere Features kümmert (OpenGL 1.5, displacment mapping, linux treiber...)

Liebe Grüsse, Hannes

PS: willst du wirklich Half Life 2 mit dem DX 9-Renderpfad spielen? Nicht im Ernst, oder?

Comment

IMO such decisions are doing no good to Matrox and are bad for image.

Now DX9: Generally one doesn't purchase computer hardware based on how it will perform in the future when X driver/optimization is released.

It's similar to G400 and Anisotropic filtering.

WRT to clockspeeds - IMO cards sold as retail should have clock speeds at 220/275 as advertised. If not, they shouldn't be sold as retail.

This is more serious issue than DX9 as they clearly stated that card is DX8.1 compliant and that shipping drivers are DX8.1

I'm happy with my Parhelia as it's bulk and it works @200/250 (and has about 10% headroom, based on my testing) as advertised.

I didn't buy it for gaming though as it's too poor a valua for gaming and I plan to build a second rig for gaming which is what quite a few people did Parhelia/P750 in workstation, R9800 pro in gaming rig.

Those people who can't afford to maintain 2 rigs and want to game will IMO just skip on Matrox though.

Comment

Maggi shure u got right i ment "product management". Just here in little Poland in most companys they are the same ppl :P But u got roght. My error
        A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

I don't give a $hit about Matrox anymore. They have gone downhill lately, and probably landed on their brain when they fell.

Not going back to Matrox until they make something that is actually "good". Not going to care about the Matrox brandname anymore.

Comment

I am sooo glad I bought the 9700 Pro when it first came out. I had the P on pre-order but cancelled 2 weeks before shipping. I consider it lucky that the 9700 reviews started coming out before P or I would have stuck with P.

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm glad I sold my P while it was still "going to be" a DX9 part.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The part which truly angers me is the fact that Matrox is just sweeping this under the carpet.
                Last edited by bsdgeek; 21 October 2003, 15:53.

Comment

Someone on the Matrox forums said that they filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I think that if somebody wanted to really get this more attention, they'd save the thread off of the Matrox forums before Matrox deletes them (you know they will), then send a summary, plus those pages, plus the wayback machine links, to THG and [H].

I haven't done these things, I personally don't care anymore. Matrox can rot in hell.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

they'd save the thread off of the Matrox forums before Matrox deletes them (you know they will),
                    Yep,

had no choice but to delete his and Maggie's post. You folks can do all the legal threats here if you like but not on our forums.

Regards

Comment

Thank God that Ant never took sponsorship money.

Comment

Guys relax, not like games are written with DX9 in mind that made your Parhelia obsolete!

I personally don't give to shits about DX9, and love the quality output on my Parhelia

Cheers,
                        Elie

Comment

Hey Maggi,

what is with Anisotropic Filtering ??? Forgotten ???

Hast du das Aniso schon vergessen ?

REAL JOKES FROM MATROX :

FIRST : http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/p...upersample.cfm

SECOND :
                          Last edited by KintaroOE; 22 October 2003, 00:42.
                          Pentium 4 HT 2,8 GHZ @ 3,85GHZ or 3850MHZ (FSB275)

ABIT 875P Max3

1024 MB OCZ PC4000 @ 275 MHZ CL3-4-4-8-2T 3,1V

Matrox Parhelia 256MB @ 275/700
                          (VoltMod,AGP4x,AGP=77MHZ,AGP 1,65V)

Pinnacle Studio DVTV

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
                            Yep,

had no choice but to delete his and Maggie's post. You folks can do all the legal threats here if you like but not on our forums.

Regards

Actions of a company running scared. Pity I can remember when Matrox was a good company and not one thats lost it's way.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
                              Yep,

Regards
                              no sweat Haig ...

I was wondering how long it'll take anyways.

Thanx for popping by though, very much apreciated !
                              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                              LG BH10LS38
                              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by KintaroOE
                                Hey Maggi,

what is with Anisotropic Filtering ??? Forgotten ???

Hast du das Aniso schon vergessen ?

REAL JOKES FROM MATROX :

FIRST : http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/p...upersample.cfm

SECOND :

I don't forget any issue that Matrox caused, not me ...
                                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                                LG BH10LS38
                                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                                X