No announcement yet.

PCI vs AGP parhelia ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my suggestion would be this... if you don't have any scruples throwing $82k around, just get another computer for gaming w/ an ATI or NVidia card in it. for the same cost as a 256mb Parhelia you could get one of the next gen cards that are not even available yet.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I am getting a gaming machine, it's the 3.2 extreme and i have the NVdida 3000 which is about a grand for that card and it's fast! Along with the other cards, I got a gaming machine in the mix somewhere.

Comment

& my video card is from 1995
        Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

Do they know your spending money on a gaming machine and not on work???
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It's all for work but after 5, it's my time and if I want to game, it is my equipment. I have to earn it with my work with the public schools but it's mine for many uses including my pleasure. Since I do graphic animation, I need the best and fastest for we are designing educational material in game formats. That is why I need top notch gaming technology. And yes, a designer of such material should be a gamer at heart. I even need more monitors than just three tied to my main work station for I'll be piped into 12 public schools at once. It's like reality TV into a professional artist's studio. My internet connection is so big I don't know the measurement designation for the thing. Eventuall I have to order the equipment for a whole new school for art & technology and when I'm done with that, you'll see a gaming network second to none. I'm hiring some of the top classical artist in the world, one coming from Moscow. I also am courting a guy from Industrail Light & Magic, I have the editor of Renderocity Magazine signed on, so this dell stuff is just for starters. The pople in this town are goihng to try to raise ten million dollars for me to build this school that will eventually become a new Texas University in about 8 to 10 years. And since I love technology, I'm having a ball. The order above goes to Dell tomorrow so at the moment I'm just about giddy with excitment over this new stuff. I've been working with an old p550 and an old Gateway 750 laptop, both dogs.

You can see my stuff at www.matricism.com

Comment

Working...
            X