A little Matrox news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lecter
    Linux support doesn't really interest me and I very rarely game anymore.
    Then why are you still using Windoze ?

Comment

This is like asking: "Why do you want something that's easy when you can have something that's difficult?" Simply put, for my day to day usage there is absolutely no task in which Linux would make things easier for me...so why would I ever want to switch?
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by gorg
        Then why are you still using Windoze ?
        because he is educated enough to be able to spell it Windows?
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

LOL!
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

When I was in High School I was a Mac person.

I had all these friends on the debating team try to convince me to switch to the PC (what finally did it was probably Wing Commander, but that's another story). What I wasn't able to express to them was that the OS is just a means to an end. And it's up to each individual to weigh his requirements and decide accordingly.

Back then, all I needed to do was word process and the Mac platform had really good GUI programs like Word etc. The PC only had WordPerfect and I didn't like it because it wasn't GUI.

They didn't buy any of my arguments about ease of use. One of them, a really smart guy, even told me that a study had been conducted and PC users were, on average, smarter than Mac users. Imagine how screwed up his self esteem must have been to have made up (or believed) a stupid thing like that!

Anyway, Windows is a great platform if you don't want to dicker too much, or just a little. Linux is a great platform if you do want to dicker. That's all.

Comment

Basically what i want is OS X + the mac applications on a PC. Even if apple only had a small hardware compatability list for the PC platform. I think it would sell like hotcakes.

Comment

Yeah, but it wouldn't make them any money. Apple's OS exists to sell Apple's hardware.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

IIRC, the MS bail out of Apple about ten years ago stipulated that they wouldn't release they x86 based version of OS X. The rumour was that it was pretty well near completion. But you're right Wombat, Apple makes their money on hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                    Anyway, Windows is a great platform if you don't want to dicker too much, or just a little. Linux is a great platform if you do want to dicker. That's all.
                    and MAC is a great platform if all you want todo is get the job done?
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I didn't want to open that can of worms.

It certainly was as you describe in the old days but not anymore from what I hear. I don't have any first hand experience though.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                        It certainly was as you describe in the old days but not anymore from what I hear. I don't have any first hand experience though.
                        It still is, spoken with first hand experience .
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Well, there you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                            Yeah, but it wouldn't make them any money. Apple's OS exists to sell Apple's hardware.
                            Yep

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
                              It still is, spoken with first hand experience .
                              it is definately not and believe me, I really tried on that Dual G5 and Dual G4 ...

in any task I throw at it, me dual Opteron simply blows any Mac away

Macs are for single-taskers ...
                              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                              LG BH10LS38
                              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Some Macs make great goldfish bowls.
                                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                                X