G400 MAX 1.5 volt problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX 1.5 volt problem...

So... My G400 MAX card doesnt work with my ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe i875P moderboard.
    It wont boot at all. I have read about the R68 point. My matrox card says its
    G4+MMHDA32G. Does anyone know if it will work if I solder the R68 point?

See the last post in this thread

Comment

I tried the graphite pencil trick with my Max and my new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe system but to no avail. I didn't want to screw up the card accidentally with a solder job since I still use the Max in my old Piii system. I just wanted to use the Max in the new computer until I got a modern graphics card (now have a BFG 6800 GT OC in there).
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
        I tried the graphite pencil trick with my Max and my new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe system but to no avail. I didn't want to screw up the card accidentally with a solder job since I still use the Max in my old Piii system. I just wanted to use the Max in the new computer until I got a modern graphics card (now have a BFG 6800 GT OC in there).
        Mechanical or wooden pencil? Soft or hard lead? You want a wooden, soft-lead pencil for highest carbon content. I couldn't get it to work with mechanical pencils - too much hardener.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I used a wooden pencil (#2 I believe) and tried several times to lay down enough graphite but no luck. I wasn't going to spend too much time with it since I had a few VGA cards a friend gave me (had just tossed them out ) and it was only needed for a relatively short time. I didn't even have my LCD yet for the new system so I was using my secondary CRT monitor from my old system. All is good now since the Max is healthy and still running my dual-monitor setup in my trusty old Piii SCSI system (the one I'm using this very moment).
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

If you want to do the trick but not solder, use a small piece of aluminum foil, roll it up, and tape it between the resistors. That's what I did over 2 years ago and my "volt modded" G400MAX boots and runs fine. Granted at times the tape doesn't hold AS tight over the months due to heat in the case and needs to be replaced, but the motherboard (in my case) just fails to work only during boot. After the system is running, it never stops or crashes due to the tape becoming undone. Heck its my most stable system by far. Good luck!
            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
              See the last post in this thread
              Thanks. It looks like it will work just fine. I will solder it in a few days, I dont have any soldering iron
              here for the moment.

Comment

I tried with a graphite pencil also but no luck.

Comment

it worked to solder R68!
                  wheeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by iocc
                    it worked to solder R68!
                    wheeeeeeeeeeee!
                    You mean some people on this forum actually know what they're talking about.

Comment

You mean some people on this forum actually know what they're talking about.
                      obviously

Comment

Working...
                      X