No announcement yet.

Matrox DualHeadToGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the thing could be powered off USB 5v it will have much more appeal.

Comment

Hmm...Matrox page claims a bit limited compatibility...

But...it should work with, for example, some recent PCIe/AGP Nvidia or ATI card to have Triplehead on them, right? I don't see any reason why it shouldn't if drivers/GFX card support required resolution...

Comment

A very cool idea... and according to the PCStat article, a DVI version is in the works...

The only downside I can see is that the dualhead2go will obviously only offer a stretched mode display. But apart from that, it is way cool and innovative.
        And the price doesn't seem too steep to me...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Get a half decent 3d card form ATI or nvidia and one of these and you have surround gaming at a decent frame rate..well I hope anyway. Is it comptabile with 7800gt?

This could be a very sweet concept.

Comment

I would say go the nV cards,
            also worthy to note the edid only sends out Dual Head modes, so you can't do TH stretched atm...
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

If this can work with PCIe/AGP cards, you can, they're dual head from the start so you'd have to only set stretched desktop across 3 (2 for system) monitors. The question is do they allow it (nevermind does it work with DualHead2Go at all...)

Comment

If I answer, NO IT WON'T. are you going to accept it?
                nope, sigh didn't think so.
                The drivers from ATI and nV won't let you.
                No, don't ask me why.
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

This from my contact at Matrox;

>The compatability list is there for RMA reasons.
                  IMO no suprise there.
                  >All we do is report to Windows as a monitor that supports 2 large resolutions.
                  >
                  > The GPU is the actual driver for performance at those 2 resolutions. So for any
                  > problems with 3D on high resolutions clients will have to contact their GPU
                  > vendor.
                  No suprise here either.

Sasq:

That's what the P-cards and APVe are for

Say what you will, the Matrox P-cards and APVe are the tits for multimonitor productivity (video editing etc.) use. I've found nothing that can touch 'em.

Call me when ATI and NVIDIA learn how to do multiple overlays and TV-Out properly.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 November 2005, 01:51.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

opps. Just made a thread in Matrox Hardware. Seemed the better place.

Very excited about this peice of hardware. Ill be getting one for my desktop replacement laptop as soon as Ive read a few reviews on it.

Time to order a couple of 20 inch 1280*1024 LCDs that can accept both DVI and analogue by the looks of things.

Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Ali
                      Time to order a couple of 20 inch 1280*1024 LCDs...
                      20" LCD's run at 1600 x 1200 natively, you'd need to go down to a 19", 18" or 17" for 1280 x 1024 native
                      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Bah, Windoze only. Sorry Matrox, not interested. Moving on ...

Comment

Originally posted by gorg
                          Bah, Windoze only. Sorry Matrox, not interested. Moving on ...
                          I actually wonder about that.
                          Seeing how it presents itself as a single monitor to the computer, why would it need specific software? So perhaps one can use it for other platforms, but one would loose the functionality offered by PowerDesk...

Jörg
                          pixar
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Since this looks like just really wide monitor to graphic card, any OS that can handle resolution should theoretically work. So in Lunix you should just edit your xorg.conf accordingly. I don't know how monitor settings are handled under MacOS but it should also work.

Probably just not officially supported for RMA reasons, etc... by Matrox.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                              I don't know how monitor settings are handled under MacOS but it should also work..
                              Anyone want to donate one to me so I can test it out
                              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

i would think it works fine under OSX and Nix, just no powerdesk cute tweak functions for it.
                                Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                                X