Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sasq
    I would say go the nV cards,
    also worthy to note the edid only sends out Dual Head modes, so you can't do TH stretched atm...
    Those three last characters...
    I wonder if this means it will be possible in the future...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

anyone thought that Parhelia users can hook up to 6 analog monitors with 3 of these? (I am not sure if you actually can even SPAN over all of them (theorically thinking it could be possible), but at least you got 3 desktops with 2 monitors plugged on each.
      "Dippadai"

Comment

I think problem with Parhelia would be driving 2048x768 on each head. Not sure if RAMDACs would be capable of it.

Otherwise if you could connect them you could have 6 screens

Comment

And as Usual with Matrox products: What an amazing price 8-o
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
            And as Usual with Matrox products: What an amazing price 8-o
            I'll vote for that, great idea but who in their righ mind is going to pay $160 for it? And when you take your laptop somewhere are 2 screens just going to appear for you to use? Don't get me wrong i like the concept but its use is extemely limited, they would be better off by developing some new graphics hardware or buying in ATi/Nvid chips and adding in their amasing multi screen expertise to them.
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
              20" LCD's run at 1600 x 1200 natively, you'd need to go down to a 19", 18" or 17" for 1280 x 1024 native
              Well, the two 20.1 inch sony LCDs Im sitting in front of right now have a max resolution of 1280*1024. Admitidly my 20inch LCD at home is a 1600*1200, but to be honest for what I do I pefer the lower resolution. Text is just too small at 1600*1200, and changing font size borks any application Im creating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali
                Well, the two 20.1 inch sony LCDs Im sitting in front of right now have a max resolution of 1280*1024.
                Really, how old are they
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I.m.o. the only drawback is the price-tag.
                  -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
                  2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
                  Matrox Parhelia 128
                  Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
                  Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
                  Maxtor 300 GB for video
                  Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
                  Win XP Pro

At work:
                  Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
                  Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

interesting article....

"And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I could see myself getting one for my desktop and adding a third LCD (as opposed to adding a cheapo PCI video card), but not at that price
                      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

depends if you play games...
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Review in Computer Buyer

Hmm
                          Attached Files
                          Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

well thats a strange review - can you really score a niche product low because it is a niche product?
                            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
                            X