Unreal Tourney Image Clipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ace,

Can't say that I hate it, just detracts from the absolutely beautiful graphics quality on our G400s.

Kruzin,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

John

Comment

this happens for me too, in all Unreal based games, UT, Unreal, Wheeloftime.... on both my G200 and G400MAX... so it looks like a driver prob...

<font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Comment

don't know if this is related, but my g200 has got some trouble displaying textures in UT. on the 2 facing worlds, most of the pillars are flat shaded, and in the egyptian domination level, the ground has no texture (wouldn't have noticed either, but i was using the software renderer at work last week.....)

Comment

I'm fairly positive that these graphic glitches are not the fault of our cards, but rather Epic's D3D code. The Unreal engine was meant from the beginning to be a Glide/Software engine, and D3D as well as the underdeveloped OpenGL were added in later.

For those of you who have played Unreal on D3D since its first implementation, you know how much better its gotten Still not 100%, of course, but could it ever be, b/c of the engine? Who knows.

The one to watch for will be Tim Sweeney's Next Engine. He's gonna do again what the Unreal engine did 1 1/2 years ago =)

------------------
          PlanetUnreal | ModCentral Unreal
          PlanetUnreal | ModCentral Unreal

Comment

The problem doesn't bother me all that much, but I get it as well, on my G200.

I hate it because of the flicker. I give attention to anything that moves, and this really messes me up.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wombat:

The flicker thing bothers me somtimes, too. There are times in certain areas of a map that I think I saw someone duck around a corner somewhere ahead or off to one side of where I'm at that it turns out to be just some of the problems we're talking about.

------------------
              Ace
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

That's just what happens to me Ace. I've probably shot the crap out of the columns on the other team's lower sniper nest.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Nice to hear they are working on it

While it's just a slight nuisance it would be nice to see it gone :P

------------------
                  ABIT BH6 rev 1.0, Pentium III SL35D 450MHz -&gt; 558MHz, 192MB SDRAM @ 124MHz CAS2, Toshiba 6X DVD,
                  Matrox Millenium G400 DH @ 160/200, Creative SBLive Value, 3Com Fast Etherlink XL PCI
                  Supermicro SC701A ATX 300watt TurboCool PC Power & Cooling PS, Panasonic Panasync S17
                  Last edited by dneal; 20 May 2022, 09:10.

Comment

Working...
                  X