UT clipping / z-buffer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT clipping / z-buffer problems

I am surprised to not see any comments about the clipping /z-buffer problems in Unreal Tournament with G400. I am very pleased at the way this game runs, but at a distance polygon edged or even entire wall will disappear or have a kind of hashed boundary. The same thing happerns in homeworld. This does not occur on my TNT or voodoo3. I wonder if this is a fundemenal problem, or can be fixed with a driver update. I is most apparent on the Facing Worlds UT CTF map where the pillars on one of the towers get all wierd. Any comments?

Chris

There has been many comments on both games, and their z-buffer errors.
    Most of those threads where some time ago, when the games came out. If you search back a couple of months, you'll find plenty of threads.

Matrox is aware of, and looking into these errors...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I had the same problems....with my PD 5.41 and turbo Gl 1.0, there are a lot of bug on the the textures especially in sources of lights and pillars....when i update my pd tp 5.52 i have a problem with the audio....sounds choppy....
      Anyone can tell me how to fix this bugs in Unreal Tournament........please.
      Pd: i had search in old post but i couldnĀ“t find an answer........

Comment

Hi Wolf,

You should be using UT in D3D mode.

Rags

Comment

That's it.

Someone should put Erik de Neve and the Matrox driver developers in a steel octagon with an Athlon system that can only run UT and dev tools, and not let them out until the damm driver issues are resolved. :-)

Having said that, somehow I don't see the clipping problem being fixed until the same month that the next gen Matrox card is released.

Just my $0.02
          The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
          The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
          The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Working...
          X