Anyone else have this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muad'Dib:
    The problem with the mouse wheel lies in the Logitech Software. i had the Same problem, untill i uninstalled the software. Now everything works great.

That was the only way i found to fix it.
    BTW the mouse still works great in Windoze w/ out the software.

Comment

Try this. I was getting same problem, but i changed my UT resolution from 640/480, up to 1024/768 and the problem went away.

and there is no FPS difference between the 2 resolutions ( I think this is a weird g400 quirk).

bRuiner

Comment

OK, this has nothing to do with Matrox and games, but I'm gonna go into it anyway

"The problem with the mouse wheel lies in the Logitech Software. i had the Same problem, untill i uninstalled the software. Now everything works great."

Not really, but kinda, but not really.
        This is what is happening...

Logitech made the first mouse with a wheel on it. They made the wheel send specific calls to the mouse port when scrolled.

Then MS then adopted the wheel. And they made their wheel use totally different calls.

Of course they couldn't just use the same calls Logi was using. They had to make it their way. And of course, Logi doesn't want to change their standard either.

So, that leaves us with two standards for mouse wheel calls. Some software supports one type of call, but not the other. Some supports both types of calls. When the Logi software is installed, by default it uses Logi calls. When the MS drivers are installed, it uses the MS calls. By adding the lines I gave to the registry, you are telling the Logi drivers to make BOTH calls whenever the wheel scrolls. The result is that the wheel will work in all apps/games, but some apps that recognise both types of calls will double scroll.

I agree that removing Logi's mouse software is one way to go at it. Then it only uses the MS calls, which almost all software supports. But I don't like that sollution myself. I use Logi's software to program my buttons to do things they cannot do with just the Windows drivers (like my wheel "press" button is set up to act as a double click).

So there ya have it.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oh, and MD- you musta got yer new mobo, and I missed it. Last I remember, you could only set your aperture to 4meg and still have a stable system. I'm now outta ideas. I've not had that error in UT before...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Humho... Failed to preallocate initial textures, 4x4: DDERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

Well, this wouldn't have anything to do with your physical memory as far as I can see...

DDERR could stand for Direct Draw Error, being a DirectX failure. It can't load the 4x4 textures into your videomemory, possibly because your mobo doesn't accept the higher setting of your AGP Aperture Size (tried it at 128Mb?), or because of a failure in DirectX.

What version of DirectX do you use, and did you try reinstalling it? Do a DxDiag, to check if everything is okay.

I've had a similar error when I changed from G200 to G400, and all of a sudden Quake2 wouldn't play... I had to uninstall and reinstall Q2 at that time plus reinstall Dx to get it fixed.

Jorden.
            When I chose to go out
            I always leave the light on
            when I have to stay in,
            you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
            now that I'm living on my own,
            and while they've never been more right,
            can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

I'm using what was the latest version of Dx (at least two weeks ago ) so I guess that makes it what, 7 b or something like that. I haven't reinstalled it because it was the only version I've installed on this computer. However, when I built this, I took my 20 gig from my old system and put it in my new one without formatting it. It has the UT cd on it (my friend has the cd so I can't reinstall it now) That's probably my problem. I suppose it's not a big deal though....

As long as I asked it earlier (and without me having to post another thread in GH), do you know how to "overburn" cd's using adaptec's easy cd creator? I asked earlier, but got no response.

Thanks for all your help.

Dimitri
              "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
              --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
              X