• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the console u type:

\cg_drawfps 1
    \demo demo001
    then a demo starts & after about 2 minutes
    it ends and (should) show you your average FPS...
    I can´t see my fps at the and, but during the demo and during gaming I can see them...
    DOEsS ANYBODY KNOW WHY I DON`T SEE THE
    AVERAGE FPS AFTER THE DEMO ENDS????

Comment

Does the latest GLQuake (unofficial) really support Glide?! I thought it's OpenGL! hehehe but however, if you need to test some Glide stuff on G400 go and try my driverpack @ www.paraknowya.de , it features some Glide wrappers which work quite well with certain apps. Besides, the latest driver build I use is 5.53.017!

Oh and yep, I do run GLQuake (Quake 1) with the ICD really fast BTW as well as Q3. For Q2 engine games I use the TurboGL drivers but if KX133 ppls can not use it, the ICD from 5.52 and 5.53 are quite fast and nice so you do not really NEED the turboGL drivers IF they really won't work!

regards
      PKY www.paraknowya.de

Comment

Zapruder, try this instead:

Go to Quake 3 console, type

timedemo 1 - return
        demo demo001 - return

This should return you to the console with your average FPS time.

[This message has been edited by Damien Green (edited 07 May 2000).]
        What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Damien Green: ok, thanks...
          I can see the fps after demo001...
          with asusp5a, 128mbRam,K6-2 400 , g400 32mb:
          -32bit tex. qual.
          -32bit color debth
          -res: 1024
          -highest tex qual. & geometric detail
          -lightmap
          18(!!!) fps
          ...I NEED that Athlon700...
          Paraknowya: I´ve downloaded the drivers...
          hope they make it with Q1... thanks

Krider: I´ll send you my acceptable fps when I get K7. How do I benchmark Q2? & how Q1?

Comment

Ok, another round of ASUS K7V KX133 vs. G400 ... ;-)

1) Installed 1005 BIOS
            2) Windows started, installed drivers. Had to update BIOS configuration.
            3) Got Q3 running - very beautiful! Hang in 10 minutes while loading new map.
            4) Never got windows 2000 running again.
            5) Today got back to bios 1004 beta - working. ;-)

Now, I DO consider going to W98 (IF I will not have any problems). Here I have another problem (which is actualy not about Matrox) - does LILO allow non-linux OS to load from partition which is higher than 8GB? Well, anyway, I'll try.

And about that GLQuake - originaly it was only for glide, and I think it still is. You can use wrapper - good idea since glide is now freeware or at least open-source.
            BUT there is also new project QuakeWorld Forever http://www.qwforever.com/ - utilizing many OpenGL features like fog and dynamic lighting. Seems cool even in alpha.

[This message has been edited by Arsa (edited 08 May 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Arsa (edited 08 May 2000).]
            Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

I have never had a problem getting any Quake to work with my Athlon.

Athlon 650
              Microstar 6167(AMD 756 Chipset)
              Matrox G400MAX
              256MB PC100
              Win98SE
              Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer
              30GB Maxtor (7200 RPM)
              Kenwood Tru 52x

I would like to see some benchmarks, I generally don't play a game unless I have it running at 45fps or above. Quake3 gets a pathetic score of like 33 to 38 if I turn ALL the options on at 1024x768. I have to put it at 800x600 and turn the texture quality down a notch to get it to run over 45fps in 32bit. I have to put it in 16bit to get it to run over 45fps at 1024x768 with the texture quality one notch down from full. Half Life and Quake2 both run at at least 60fps at 1024x768 32bit which is great, but visal artifacts and bad clipping abound in both games. Personally, I expected much more out of Matrox. It has disappointed me time after time.

GeForce2 GTS will be my next purchase- the G450 seems like a waste on Matroxs part. And the G800? I think Matrox is a Generation behind just like 3dfx and their unfortunate Voodoo5 and 4 series.

Just my 2cents

Comment

Oh about the MiniGL- if you install the Matrox TurboGL you don't need it- MiniGL gives people with the nVidia based cards to install a optimized OpenGL32.dll into the games of their choice as well as people with 3dfx cards to get a optimized Glide driver

To Zapruder- to benchmark Quake1 and Quake2, got to console
                (Quake1) type timedemo demo1 (enter)
                (quake2) type timedemo 1(enter)
                (quake2) type map demo1.dm2 (enter)
                it will run through the opening demo and give u a fps score in the console.

since these games use an older engine, they score MUCH higher than Quake3 or Unreal Tournament.

Comment

Working...
                X