Time to change the [MU] server to DM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to change the [MU] server to DM?

Since there aren't as many people in the MGI server lately, should we petition for a change to Death Match? CTF has been fun for a long time, but DM is more condusive to smaller groups of players. A few of us have been going into the public DM servers, and I actually forgot how much fun it was. What do you think?

------------------
    If you can't beat 'em, kill 'em with Kindness

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

I second this I always enjoy a little DM. Even if kindness always gets the best of me.

Comment

It really doesn't matter too much to me, as long as we can get some people to play. So either way...

------------------
      Ace
      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600
      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I liked it when it was set to 3-way team DM. If there where enough players, we could split it into [MU], BBs, and MTS. Otherwise, we could just split it up among the teams.

Of course, the BBs would always kick butt, so nobody would want to play with us
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Another thought is that Rocket Arena is available for UT now.
          That mod was what kept Q2 alive for me the longest...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Tech Support wouldn't want to go back to DM, they don't like getting whipped like a horse

Comment

LOL,

Is there any kind of a script I can use to automatically rotate between DM and CTF?

Haig

Comment

Yah, it's called the keyboard-finger script. You type it in the keyboard with yer fingers, and bingo you changed it

Comment

Hehe,

I was referring to a script that'll automaticlly change each week between DM, CTF, and infiltration

Haig

Comment

Uh Oh!!! which Tech is going to work Graveyard shift to switch the server?????????

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I was hoping that we could come to a majority decision. 3 way team games would be really tough considering we rarely have enough to fill out the two team game. I just thought maybe we could change it back to DM for a while to see if maybe more people would show up, then we could change it to something else when we are tired of that.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Variety is a good thing...
                        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Hmm... Fun, fun, FUN!! Let's do it. At least with DM we can go at it even if there's only two people there at a time, hehe. Plus, all I have to worry about is fragging, and none of that capture the flag stuff.

------------------
                          Ace
                          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                          Gainward Ti4600
                          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM:
                            Uh Oh!!! which Tech is going to work Graveyard shift to switch the server?????????
                            Tsk tsk, Pauly, never heard of 3 servers and a switchbox between them? All they have to do on Friday is set the switch to 1 (CTF), 2 (DM) or 3 (Infiltration) when they come in on their Friday late afternoon, and we get to play whatever we fancy

3 servers? Hmph, I'd make a guess Haig's laptop is even faster than anything we can throw against it

Jord.

edit: They could use the Matrox forums server in the weekends, as it's not used then anyway

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 20 August 2000).]
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I have always liked DM. I do know that we would start getting back some of the players like Dr C., if the server was DM. The Hammer matches we had when playing DM where so much fun!!!! I still have some side pain from LOL when we played them.

Oboy
                              Time to make the wafers!
                              Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                              jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
                              X