X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT 4.32 patch

http://www.3dgw.com/scripts/gd/222

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Hey this patch makes the game load alot faster especially if you loaded all that extra stuff we needed for matrox site. My load up is under 20 sec again. There are some other fixes like after you disconnect from game you were still connected to the server problem. Other multiplayer fixes to. Game play seems unaffected by patch. I suggest getting it.

Comment

Yup, this patch seems to do a good job. (I have bad memories of previous ut patches severly affecting the 3d performance.)

Comment

...and it no longer requires the CD to play UT!

Comment

I just tried it out. I didn't notice any change in my start up time. About the only difference that I could see was that the Packet loss line (under your ping when you hit F1) was gone. I wonder why they did that?

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

I don't like this patch. It limits the translocator firing rate to 2/sec ... I went back to 428

Comment

Hmm Humus, I didn't notice that. I haven't looked for it yet, but from what I've seen, I'm still able to reach extremely high places with the double trans method with the patch.

------------------
              Ace
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too Humus. I didn't even bother downloading it cause of that. I think I'm going to send a complaint about that. Hopefully if they recieve enough complaints then it will get changed back.

The only other thing in it that interests me are the OGL fixes. I'd really like to be able to use OGL someday.(well, not the only other thing, removeing the CD check would be nice, but it's not worth that blow to the the trans)

Ian
                Primary System:
                MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                Seccondary System:
                Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                Tertiary system
                Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                  Hmm Humus, I didn't notice that. I haven't looked for it yet, but from what I've seen, I'm still able to reach extremely high places with the double trans method with the patch.
                  It's official. They have done it to prevent some sort of cheating. I have never seen that cheat but my roommate have experienced someone on a server cheating by doing some script where he could get a extremely high translocator firing rate which would cause the game to be unplayable for everyone else (you get 5-6 fps).
                  You can usually use the translocator anyway, but when doing tripple of quad translocator jump you may get trouble, probably leaving a small crater ...

Comment

Thanks for the info. Personally, I don't have a problem with limiting my consecutive translocations to two, since it still gets me everywhere I reasonably need to go.

That, and the fact that folks transing in mid-air clear from the top of the hill into the amp area or the redeemer area of CTF-Face irritates me to no end (There's practically no way to keep them from getting there, short of a redeemer blast). The patch also stops that behavior, sort of leveling the playing field a bit.

------------------
                    Ace

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600

Comment

I certainly liked it better the way is was before. Being able to transloc into redeemer are is a essential thing for me. It enhances gameplay a lot to have two ways to get into the building, especially when there are shocklamers in there.

Comment

But that's part of the design of the map, heh. You're supposed to have a choke-point or two, otherwise maps become nearly impossible to defend, and the game becomes a case of see who can run the most flags over in the least time (with flags going as soon as they're returned).

With the chokepoints, half the battle is simply getting into the flag room.

------------------
                        Ace

System specs:
                        Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Excellent !!!

and looking into the list of fixes:
                          - fixed grenade smoke in OpenGL
                          Now that was about time, wasn't it ?

Cheers,
                          Maggi
                          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                          LG BH10LS38
                          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                          X