Win2K - OpenGL - G200 -> PROBLEM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K - OpenGL - G200 -> PROBLEM!

I just switched from Windows 95 to Windows 2000 Professional (SP1).

With Windows 95 I had no problems playing Counter-Strike (Half-Life) in OpenGL using the latest PD-drivers, but with Windows 2000 it doesn't work at all. There are also some problems (e.g. the system hangs up) concerning the included OpenGL-screensavers.

My system:
    - ASUS Motherboard P2B (latest BIOS update)
    - Intel Pentium II 400 @448MHz
    - 128 SD-RAM PC100
    - Matrox Millennium G200 AGP (IRQ 9)
    - Creative SoundBlaster AWE 64
    - AVM Fritz!Card (ISDN)

- PD-driver 5.14.033 (13sep00) which is the latest provided by www.matrox.com
    - DirectX 8.0
    - latest Half-Life + Counter-Strike files

I hope that someone is able to help me.

Thank you!
    Sven

Hi,

First of all, the 5.14 drivers are not the latest. Secondly, go and delete TurboGL from your Half-life directory. (Hint: it's called opengl32.dll, and it is in your HL directory).

Rags

Comment

Sorry, Rags ... 5.14 are the latest Win2k drivers for the G200 Millennium.
      (at least according to the official latest drivers and they seem to be identical to the MS certified release)

Anyways ... Sven, make sure you use the uninstaller utility from Matrox and try again to install those drivers.

Cheers,
      Maggi
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

First of all thanks for your reply, but I think it doesn't help...

The 5.14 drivers are not the latest? I know that there are 5.20 drivers, but they just support the G400 series etc., don't they?

There is no file called "opengl32.dll" in my Half-Life directory. The only file called "opengl32.dll" can be found in "c:\winnt\system32\".

I hope there is other help for me...

Comment

Ooops, My wrong. I obviously can't read, I read G400 when it clearly says G200.

Okay, now just make sure you are running your desktop at 32 bit or 16 bit, NOT 24 bit.

Rags

Comment

No problem.

Resolution: 1024x768 @ 16bit

I'll try the re-installation of the drivers in a few minutes, but I doubt that it'll help.

I'm quite sure now that the bad support for OpenGL by Matrox is the reason for my problem with regard to others playing Counter-Strike on Win2K without any problems. But they use other graphic cards (GeForce, Voodoo etc.).

Comment

Well...I uninstalled the Matrox drivers and re-installed them...result? There are still some minor problems, but Counter-Strike seems to run as smooth as under Windows 95 (in OpenGL).

Thanks for helping!
              Sven

Comment

Working...
              X