Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rags:
    Galvin,

No one said that setting PNP OS to on will fix the texture corruption.

*sigh*

Let me explain (warning: deductive reasoning is involved).
    1. You are getting problems with texture corruption that others are not. I have not seen everyone say yah, I have all of those on my system as of yet. You are amongst the minority.
    2. You cannot use (properly) a function in your BIOS under win2k in which it NEEDS to function the way you currently have it set up.

Because you are experiencing 1., you should be looking at getting your system properly set up to be sure it's not a driver problem, and since you SHOULD be looking at setting up your system properly, you should be looking at 2. very carefully. Gurm has told you how to take care of 2., but it looks like you won't listen (big surprise). So I have no doubt you will be experiencing 1. for some time until you do decide that there is a preference of order in setting up a computer system to run problem free (or as close to as possible).

Rags
    #2 check bios settings and tunr PnP Os to ON.
    I already said here that I turned PnP OS on, it didn't change any IRQ's I got lucky on that one.

Comment

Obviously you didn't take a good look at the Radeon in Q3A, because if you had, you would have noticed mipmap and lighting errors, not too dissimilar from what you are describing now with your G400. I just got through torturing a Radeon myself this weekend.

Look around on some newsboards, I am not alone, and this was in both win98 and win2k.

Like I said before, you are not solving your problem by setting PNP OS to on. Obviously you can't do deductive reasoning. Please try again.

Rags

Comment

I suggest you get a CUSL2 mainboard and try it. My best guess is the drivers for the G400 may have issues with some mainboards.
        Check out this website, I am not alone. http://dzeus.student.utwente.nl/g400/main.html

Comment

You don't suggest anything to me. You don't know what equipment I have, and you don't know what equipment I build.
          My best guess is that you don't have your system set up correctly if you have the problems you have been describing on this forum.

I have seen that page, and the "bugs" there are from previous drivers.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 14 December 2000).]

Comment

set dmo1 "g_syncronousClients 1;record;wait;g_syncronousClients 0;echo Recording"
            set stp "stoprecord;echo Stopped Recording"

set r_displayRefresh "85"
            set com_maxfps 200
            set r_swapInterval "0"
            set r_subdivisions "4"
            set cl_maxpackets "35"
            set snaps "35"
            set blindlyLoadDLLS "0"
            set com_hunkMegs "100"
            set r_gamma "1.60"
            set r_overbrightbits "0"
            set r_mapoverbrightbits "2"
            set r_ignorehwgamma "0"
            set r_intensity "1"
            set cg_shadows "1"
            set sensitivity 3.75
            //default for mixahead is 0.2
            set s_mixahead 0.4
            // up and down sensitivity for mouse
            set m_pitch 0.018

Put this into your config file for quake3 that's as close to my settings as I can get.
            Well I been building my own PC for 10 years, I don't make a living doing it. You're saying is ALL the people out their having problems it must be their systems, for the love of god matrox may be wrong for once

Comment

Galvin,

Are you naturally stupid, or do you simply choose to be so?

I never said that all the people having problems with the G400 is due to their setup. Read around the forums a bit more before you go making bold statements that are utterly untrue.

I am dealing with YOUR problems in this thread. Not anyone elses. If that's too tough to understand, then you definitely should question your ability to understand the proper configuration of anything.

I know you can't be this stupid, so you must be just trying to be confrontational. Just like almost every other thread you have participated in, especially as of late.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 14 December 2000).]

Comment

Oh, and why, on God's green earth, are you using Q3 to manage your refresh rate? PD does this for you now.

Rags

Comment

Because I was too lazy to remove it.

You keep missing the point, I am NOT the only one that has these problems, why do you insist it must be my machine/software that is the problem ?

Comment

Galvin.

You read Gurms very first post. He sums it up pretty well there. You have people who posted in this thread who have lightmap errors in win2k (which many other cards have, as well). Your problems go beyond this, obviously. I don't see people with lockups and great texture corruption on their systems unless they are using outdated drivers. Are there problems with the current drivers under Q3A? Yes. Is it the driver's fault? That one is debatable, which I won't get into, because the problems there are not what you are experiencing.

You don't want our help. It's clear. You just want to gripe, it appears. Fine. Gurm has given you excellent advice. I think my advice is good too, but you still don't seem to get it. So why not just be content with it the way it is if you aren't willing to try some real advice?

I looked at your config, and have a couple of suggestions for it, but you won't listen anyhow, so I will save myself the time and effort of cutting and pasting what should be there.

Rags

Comment

The hanging I been nagging about on here since the game came out. But this bug is hard as hell to reproduce because it's a random bug, unless you play quake3 4+ hours a day the chances of you hitting this one is never.

I did read gurms first note and I supplied all the neccessary info. But reinstall win2K and spend another 2 days reinstalling my 30 plus applications is a pain in the ass just to come to the same conclusion.

Unless there is a bug in the matrox uninstaller I should have zero driver residue from earlier matrox drivers.

Like I said many times the huge texture corruption can only be caught if you /kill your self enough time on that one particular map and spawn in that spot then it will appear, but if you move it clears right up.

Comment

You still don't get it.

The fresh install of win2k is NOT to get rid of "residue", it's to put the OS in a HAL that your system can function properly in.

Rags

Comment

I already reinstalled the OS when I got the CUSL2 so that has already been done.

Comment

Yes, you may have installed the OS when you got your board, we are just suggesting to you that you installed the wrong HAL for your motherboard.

With ACPI functioning properly, you should be able to have PNP OS set to on, and you should be able to move your PCI cards around, and have it just work.

Rags

Comment

You know when dealing with MS it doesn't just work

PnP OS on does work, I turned it on the system booted with no problems. What I am saying is that if I diside to disable a comport or a printer port or something else, this will cause irq's to change, the ACPI may end up on IRQ 11 instead of 9 or something like that I went thru all this crap when I first got the board.

Comment

First of all, don't blame MS for a faulty ACPI implementation in your hardware, second I am conceding in this election. I am through

Rags

Comment

Working...
                                X