Serious Sam - good news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam - good news?

It might be a bit late in the day but the game is now on budget (in the UK) so perhaps deserves a tenner!

Ripped from Stomped
    Serious Update
    [ 46 Comments ] Itay "big" Kirshenbaum @ 9:23 PM Your Time
    PC Games > First Person Shooters

The weekly update on the Croteam website has been posted today, as this time they talk about an upcoming DX8/Truform patch for Serious Sam, that's currently in testing. Here's a chunk:
    Today's topic is .... Serious Sam DX8/Truform beta patch. Yes, we finally did it. DX8 works just fine on majority of 3d-boards out there. Generally it's some 10% slower than OpenGL, but there's some room left for optimizations.

All GeForce boards work just fine (like I'm surprised. Radeon8500, too, but there are some problems with the driver and you cannot run Direct3D mode with HW T&L on Radeon boards that have T&L (VEs work ok). The problem has been located, and ATI is on it. Kyros works OK too, although there might be some performance issues with lens-flares. All Matrox boards (G400, G450, G550 and even little G200 work fine, too. However, I didn't bother to test S3 and 3Dfx boards, so I guess you're on your own.

One issue that's left partially unsolved is problem with lens-flares. We had lots of problems with D3D attitude towards this issue (reading from z-buffer) and couldn't optimize a h*ll out of it (like we did with OpenGL). However, there are some options you can find in "advanced-rendering" menu, which controls the lens-flare behavior under D3D, so you might want to experiment a bit and fine tune your performance. Or completely switch of lens-flares. Or use OpenGL.
    Cheers, Reckless

It´s good news for people who enjoyed the game... I personally hated it, as its plot was simply "kill hoardes of creatures who come out from nowhere". Great.

The graphics are cool, though.

Comment

Hehe but you gat to admit it its a fun game, when i first played it i couldn't stop loughing, hehe especialy from those guys with no heads who are screaming and runing at you with bombs in their hands hehe still makes me gigle.
      Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Working...
      X