Halflife 2 Sourcecode leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsdgeek
    I think it makes sense as a cost saving measure, though it's obvious in this case that the savings weren't worth it.
    You don't know that his machine wasn't behind a firewall (it probably was for that matter).

There are so many ways to hack into any computer you'd be afraid to even use one after reading a primer on network security...

Comment

Okay, according to the news Half-Life 2 won't be out 'til April 2004
      Source: Reuters

Comment

Yeah, CNN also reported the delay. Not only that, but now people are saying there is indeed a beta that's been leaked out here. Heh, today is Valve's Monday...
        System Specs:
        Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
        May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
        Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
        And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
        just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
        For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

The 'Chosen 9' beta is totally fake.
          Read about it at http://gtwy.hl2arena.com/

EDIT: It's not fake. My bad.
          Last edited by Zao; 7 October 2003, 15:08.
          <font size="-4">User error:
          Replace user and try again.
          System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
          System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
          </font>

Comment

Oh, you mean this?
            BETA RELEASED

The beta is out! It's on bittorent right now! Download speeds suck but before 5pm tonight it should be on usenet and/or IRC. This confirms that VALVe has been lying, ALL of the source code must have been stolen ALONG with the resources. I'll update again at 4 (I had to skip classes to make this update). Images of beta here.
            Edit: In the meantime, the Inquirer (I know, I know) reports that rumors about the release date being pushed to 2004 wouldn't hold true. Damn, I don't know WHAT'S going on anymore
            Last edited by Tempest; 7 October 2003, 13:09.

Comment

Wonder what VALVe would have said about this?

Looks like someone in Finland has got too much sparetime I guess...
              I'll buy a new card Soon™, very Soon™!
              + =

Comment

Working...
              X