How do you game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you game?

Just curious how the MURC gamers out their prefer to game.

Personally I'm still a hardcore PC gamer. One of these days I'll own an Xbox of some variety, but for now I'm happy with a good old fashion mouse and keyboard.

Current favorite game: StarCraft 2
    PC/Mac/Linux...some variety of desktop/laptop.
    0%
    Xbox
    0%
    Play Station
    0%
    Nintendo [Wii]
    0%
    Who has time to game anymore?
    0%
    Other - like phone, tablet, board games.
    0%
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I mostly game on laptop where I play mostly CIV IV online, occasional Enemy Territory and online chess. You really get adrenaline rush in 1-2 minute bullet games (like checkmating opponent with less than 5s on the clock left). Me and brother have a ritual where we drink coffee together and play consultation chess games against other people online (slower like 5min+5s or 10min+5s).

I have a pro Steelseries mousepad that is bigger than my laptops and Logitech G9X. (comes handy for occasional graphic work).

I no longer own desktops since 2007ish but I gamed on all laptops from A21p (PIII 8000/Rage Mobility), T42p (Centrino 1.8 R9600), X61T (C2D 1.6 Intel 3100) and T60p (CD 2.1, R X1600)
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 27 February 2012, 17:41.

Comment

I think the only "PC" game I play anymore is Minecraft, for almost everything else I just play on the Xbox. I think I just got tired of the upgrade routine and fighting with driver and other hardware incompatibilities. I do miss PC gaming sometimes, as the games I do tend to play are still better suited to a mouse and keyboard, but the simplicity of a console wins out these days.

I play some casual games on my phone or in the browser, but those are quick distractions from the daily grind.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

My ever ongoing renovations make it a bit more complicated, but for me it is:
        - board games
        - mobile phone (occasionally)
        and to it will be added
        - casual pc gaming using gamepad (+ projector)
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Wierd, I posted here yesterday, straight after voting, but no sign now.

In a nutshell: Sudoko on my iPad2 is all I find time for. We have all the consoles but they only get used soon after brithdays and Christmasses. Luke uses his PC for minecraft all the time.
          FT.

Comment

Hardcore PC gamer.
            Skyrim is it for now, and a bit of Freelancer Discovery, and Trackmania Nations/United from time to time.
            Still have to finish Oblivion, and its better suited to PC than Skyrim.
            Skyrim was a console cop-out, and heres to hoping they come back to PC for the next incursion into the elder scrolls.
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
              I think the only "PC" game I play anymore is Minecraft, for almost everything else I just play on the Xbox. I think I just got tired of the upgrade routine and fighting with driver and other hardware incompatibilities.
              Since XP SP3 the driver problems are non existant. Win7 is about as trouble free you can get.
              Forget Millennium and Vista, they should have been aborted before they were born.

WASD + Mouse is much more powerful than a game controller, and you can do other things, like type a letter, and do work.

A console is a games machine, nothing else. If it trys to make you think otherwise, its lying.

My Dad would never have a games machine in the house, but we could have a computer, since you could learn programming, or even dis-assembling.

My two brothers learnt Machine code on the Amstrad, and wrote their own disassembler.
              As the youngest, I was shunned as the 'Doomer' for some reason, and not allowed to participate.
              Today I beat them both in computer knowledge, it having become a bit of a passion/obsession, and a job.

How do you teach someone what you've learnt over 30 years ?
              30 years that will never happen again as they did for me ?
              You can't really, unless they are willing to accept that knowledge is power
              GI Jose
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

I played Quake1 a lot until recently. Now I play Wizard101.

PS Well and of course Angry Birds on the Phone
                Last edited by cjolley; 2 March 2012, 16:22.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

How come the percentages in the Poll don't seem to add up ?

Currently listening to : XL Recordings - SL2 - On a Ragga Tip
                  Last edited by Evildead666; 2 March 2012, 15:24.

Comment

You can pick more than one thing like I did. PC and Phone.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

ah, right. hadn't noticed that.

Comment

Hardcore PC gamer...I own 110 Steam games.
                        I do have a PS3...had to buy one when EA stopped making Madden NFL for the PC.

Comment

My latest game has been, follow my 2 year old. It's a fun game.
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

PS3 and PC

Comment

Seriously, PS3.
                              Titanium is the new bling!
                              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                              X