Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of game bugs

Hey Guys,
    I noticed many of you are experiencing bugs in certain games with 5.13 drivers. Rest assured we're ironing those bugs and fixing them in the upcoming 5.2x drivers, so here's the latest on what is fixed and what is in progress:

- Simcity 3000 - Flickering with G200
    - Darkstone - Flickering with G200
    - Quest for Glory V - Goes back to desktop
    - Half Life - Corrupted Textures
    - Quake 3 Test - Switching color depth
    - Final Fantasy VII - Not working with G400
    - T.A: Kingdoms - Corrupted textures in menus
    - Rogue Squadron - Not working with G400

Please reply only to this thread if you find any more games that need to be fixed.

Thanks,

------------------
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

[This message has been edited by R0M (edited 08-13-1999).]

[This message has been edited by R0M (edited 08-13-1999).]
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Fifa 99 - Direct3D Drivers of the G400 are not supported so the game says.

Star Wars - Racer: Tends to look a complete mess when playing, although I think someone said that Lucasarts are working on a fix.

Dungeon Keeper 2 - Menu items sometimes vanish when playing the game in a high resolution

------------------
    Byron Hinson
    Microsoft MVP
    http://www.activewin.com
    Byron Hinson
    Microsoft MVP
    http://www.activewin.com

Comment

R0M,
      How about Quake I & rainbow textures.
      I think it's something about dynamic lighting.

chuck

ps I know it's old, but then, so am I

------------------
      (erstwhile cjolley) celery 333@500mz 2.2V, Abit BH6, 128meg@cas2 gh, 10gig IBM 7200rpm UltraStar, Princton EO75, SB Live Value, V3 2000 PCI (still waiting on my MAX!)

Comment

Elaboration:

Quest For Glory 5 - Does NOT return to the desktop, rather crashes after the first opening movie. If movies are removed, it will go to the menu... but only if the correct CD is in. Therefore, we can only assume that popups and mode changes are messed up.

King's Quest 8 - Polygons go out of bounds often. Lots of polygon tearing.

Dungeon Keeper 2 - All menu text missing in 32-bit modes. This also happens on the Rage 128, and the TNT2 in certain resolutions... so it may be Bullfrog's problem.

Dungeon Keeper 2 - The smoke/mist in 16-bit mode looks HORRIBLE. H O R R I B L E. Can I say it any more emphatically?

- Slarty

------------------
        It wasn't always like this... I had a real life once. A signature, too. I used to be a guy named Gurm. But that's all gone now. Now, my name is Ash... and I am a slave.
        ------------------------
        Specs? You want specs? Yeah. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?! Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...

Comment

Need for Speed: High Stakes
          the fog effect doesn't work at all, and having the option selected almost halves the frame rate. Also, special effects options such as skid marks and dust swirls slow down everything. In general, this game runs horribly on the G400.

Comment

X-Files The Game (Fox Interactive)

I have problem when I try to view pictures in “Photo Viewer” (in the computer) when I push the “Download” button but nothing happens (something is happening but no pictures are shown) and then I click with the mouse in the black window and the game throws me out to the desktop.
            I have tried several different drivers (4.11, 4.33c, 4.51, 5.13) no one works.

System:
            Celeron 400MHz, BX6R2, Mill G200 AGP (Bios 2.6), SB Live Value.

(I have tried this game on a sys. with TNT with no problem)
            ------------------
            Resistance is futile.
            You will be assimilated.
            The Borg.

[This message has been edited by Captain (edited 08-14-1999).]

Comment

Possibly a game-fault, but why can't I get higher resolutions than 800x600x16b OpenGL in SIN v1.03?? (Activision)
              I have a G200.

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 08-15-1999).]
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

The fog setting in Kingpin v1.16 doesn't work with the g200 and v4.13 for NT. If enabled, all I see is grey background with brown forground. The game runs very slow, probably around 1 fps.

------------------
                Asus P2B-DS (1010) Dual Pentium II 450/128-pc100 Corsair CAS Latency 2, Cheeta 39102LW Ultra2 9.1 Gig, Sony DVD 5x (ide), Yamaha 4260 CDRW, SB128 PCI, Hollywood Plus mpeg, 3com TX905-B, G200-8SG. NT4 wks SP5
                Asus P2B-DS (v1010) Dual P2 450, 128 MB Corsair PC100 Cas2, Seagate 9.1 Gig Cheetah 39102LW LVD, G200 8 MB SGRAM, SB 128 PCI, Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder, 3Com 905B-TX, Sony 5x DVD, Yamaha CRW 4216. Samsung SH2204 4 Port 10/100 Hub. Altec Lansing ADA 305 Speakers, Running NT4 Server Enterprise w/ SP5.

Asus P3B-F (bios v1003A) P3 500 O/C 500x120 600 MHz. 128 MB Corsair PC133. IBM 18 gig GXP, G400 Max, SB Live, 3com 905B-TX, Sony 5x DVD, Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 Speakers. Running Win98 SE.

Comment

It't not very hard to mesaure an accurate 1fps. Here's how you do it...
                  speak out loud: "One Slartibartifast, Two Slartibartifast, Three Slartibartifast" and check if the screen has changed three times.

Sorry, I couldn't help it ¦ )

Cheers,
                  Fish.

Comment

1. Rainbow textures in GLQuake/GLQuakeWorld.
                    2. Texture&hud corruption in Quake 2 (related to HL's problems).
                    3. Tribes 1.8 texture&hud corruption and Z-buffer problems.
                    4. Very ugly 16 bit dithering. :E. Try Quake 2 in 320x240 mode with gl_texturemode GL_NEAREST on. In start, go in front of the left side wall. Anyone ordered the carpet man? Also dithering is very visible in smoke or transparent effects (ie. the 3DMark99 sun effect). Look <a href="http://hzone.vekoduck.com/artikkelit/creative_savage4/creative_s4_4.htm">here</a> for good dithering in Voodoo 3. Now the dithering quality is like the Savage4 and I thought that G200 should have good quality picture.
                    5. Occasional stuttering and stalling (>1fps) in many OGL and DirectX games even if lowest possible detail settings are used.
                    6. GLQuakeWorld doesn't run in fullscreen. Also the "generating 16bit palette" thingy doesn't display the progress bar anymore.
                    7. Quake 2 bombs if ALT-TABbed in fullscreen.

Here's screenshots from some of these problems: http://www.netppl.fi/~tumu/icdpics/ .

I will hope you'll fix atleast these problems, so I won't have to go and buy myself a Voodoo 3.

-Tumu, no flames included

------------------
                    Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset Mobo (bios v3.2),
                    64MB PC100 RAM, G200 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a 486 fan included, bios v2.3), Win95OSR2.1 finnish, PD5.13.020, SB16 Value

[This message has been edited by Tumu (edited 08-15-1999).]
                    Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
                    64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                    Win98 finnish

Comment

Tumu,
                      I haven't even been able to get GLQW to run w/o using the D3D wrapper. How did you do it?
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Here's my issues.

1) Random freezing in Re-Volt demo, tech demo, Expendable, most other 3d apps/games, once even in outlook express. Requires reset button.

2) DHClone mode, Re-volt demo, monitor image is beautiful, TV image flickers like mad. TV is fine in everything else.

That's all so far...

------------------
                        Andrew Gallagher - andrew@agallagher.com
                        Asus P2B-S, PII-350, 64MB PC100, 12.7GB Quantum Fireball EX ATA-33, 2x2.1GB Quantum Atlas I UWSCSI, Toshiba 6201 SCSI CD, Yamaha CRW4416S SCSI CD-RW, WangDAT SCSI, MillG400 32MB DH, SBLive! Retail (Plugged into a JVC RX884V Dolby Digital Receiver@500W), Dell 17" (first head), ProScan 27" NTSC TV (second head), Win98SE
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Wombat, you'll have to start GLQW with -window parameter because it doesn't run in fullscreen with 5.13 drivers. Also try giving the display resolution with -width xxx and -height yyy parameters. If you have tried that, then it could be some other problem.

-Tumu, who needs backwards compability?

------------------
                          Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset Mobo (bios v3.2),
                          64MB PC100 RAM, G200 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a 486 fan included, bios v2.3), Win95OSR2.1 finnish, PD5.13.020, SB16 Value

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
                          64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                          Win98 finnish

Comment

Half-Life:

White box where cursor is, when moving mouse, but not with keyboard (cursor problem?)

Bill
                            People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

Aren't you losing a lot of the 3D acceleration if it is running in Window mode?
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X