Df News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04/23/2003

- On Friday April 25 at approx. 4pm EST, we will be changing ISPs. This will result in significantly more bandwidth in both directions. We do not expect any major problems but the site may be unavailable for an hour or two. You may continue to fold offline safely during this time. The beta website will be affected by this as well. Thanks for your patience
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

04/27/2003

- The network has been intermittently down since the ISP change two days ago. If you experience problems reaching the site, please continue folding off-line (-if option for text client or 'Do not connect to the internet' for screensaver users). We will have full service restored as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

05/23/2003

- An article on Distributed Computing written by Distributed Folding Project co-designer Howard Feldman has been posted today at O'Reilly's ONLamp.com. You can access the article directly here. ( http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2...stributed.html )

- We are excited to announce that we will be switching to 'phase II' of our folding project within the hext few weeks. This will put in place the algorithm we have been beta testing over the last few weeks. This method works significantly differently from the current approach although to the end user it should appear very similar. Check back here for more news on the new algorithm, and when it becomes available be sure to look through the readme that comes with it before asking questions about the change

Comment

06/02/2003

- Phase II is projected to begin sometime late next week. Please check back on this news page for updates and further details. The stats and progress for the duration of Phase I will be retained in some form (to be determined) for all users, so do not worry - your hard work has not been in vain.

Comment

As long as the client autoupdates, I'll be happy.

Comment

06/10/2003

- Congratulations all! We have reached the desired threshold of 10 billion for the current protein. However, we will continue work on this protein until we switch over to the new algorithm, which is just days away. Thank you for all your patience.

06/08/2003

- This server will be down for scheduled maintenance at some time around 11am EST, June 9 2003. We do not expect it to be down for too long. Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

So far, so smooth
                Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                --------------------------------------------------
                OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                and burped out a movie

Comment

A little bit of down time that the 3 new 2ghz Dell's have compensated for.

Comment

Maybe I should pick the folding up again. I have got my self a new xp2500+ that runs happily @2.2GHz. That will make a monster cruncher.

Then of course I have my old T-bird that did all my crunching work before.

Comment

Catch me of you can!

Comment

I wish!

Either way, I just can't seem to find my handle...

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
                          I wish!

Go here: http://distributedfolding.org/login.html

Comment

Thanks Guru, didn't know you could do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
                              I wish!

I remember when I started that our scores use to be close and then you pulled away. I use to get so irritated until I added the machines at my current job.

Comment

Yes, but I surrendered long time ago...and I won't be able to pick a fight again...unless...I can ask you to stop crunching for about 4months.

What do you say???

When I think about it, you have become a serious cruncher. I have no chance to keep up with your pace.
                                Last edited by Novdid; 13 June 2003, 15:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X