Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're #200 @ Rosetta@Home, improving the world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah? Show me! :d If need be I'll stop underclocking and crunch over 10% more! (I won't, like it running in the low 40s C)
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• Actually, I am alrady more than 24K credits ahead of you, that is more than the total credits of the great Maggi and box combined! You'll never catch me (again). :d
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• @J1NG: My SSD is now at 3.54TB, that means 1.5TB a month (conservatively, Mar10 to Apr15) on the OS drive which does see some other I/O as well of course. I guess 50GB a day. How many PT are SSDs rated for nowadays?
        My Samsung 850 PRO SSD is rated for 150TBW, so it should last 100 months or over 8 years. AFAI am reading, SSD endurance ratings are, in general, rather conservative.

Anyway, I'm fine with an expected life of 8 years but not all may be.

Comment

• The SSD Boinc is running off has not shown any changes thus far. I'll do another check in a months time to see if it's finally changed enough to give a more accurate value to work with. But I'd hazzard a guess and say I've hit less than 500GB per month from simply having Boinc write it's files every 10 min rather than every minute.

J1NG

Comment

• Originally posted by J1NG View Post
            The SSD Boinc is running off has not shown any changes thus far. I'll do another check in a months time to see if it's finally changed enough to give a more accurate value to work with. But I'd hazzard a guess and say I've hit less than 500GB per month from simply having Boinc write it's files every 10 min rather than every minute.

J1NG
            Wow, had never thought about that.... Set it to 10 mins now as well and will see in about a months time.

Comment

Working...
            X