No announcement yet.

The Official MURC Messiest Desk Contest for 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks more like a jail... something you wanto tell us, Pauls?

Comment

Hi,

Not sure if I get to win messiest desktop, the cleaner does a pretty good job, thought I'd show of my desktop anyway.

Pige

Comment

I humbly submit my workspace ;P
        In order to get the full effect, you really do need to look through a large number of digital camera shots including my room (sadly, i seem to have lost one of the nice wideangle shots that shows all 3 of my computers, and dont have my digital camera here), but you can see me and a friend of mine building 6 computers from scratch in one day =) http://www.ecotech.com/pics/

but, the best example is probably:

Just imagine that to the immediate right of the large monitor, there's a 24" tower, and a scanner with junk piled all over it, and to the far left there is another monitor up high and another server on the floor.

------------------
        P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead, Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM
        P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

Comment

Good gods. You [guys] have a lot of time on your hands (due to the lack of romantic companionship), huh???

Geez...!

------------------
          Holly
          Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
          -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Hmm, I'd post a pic of my desk if I had a webcam (I keep buying them, then selling them because they need a supernova going off next to them to work) but I can say most of you guys are neat freaks compared to me, and what's with all the wimpy desks?

Imagine over 30 envelopes, bills, receipts, etc, most with some notes or handwriting on them, screwdrivers, speakers, rotating CD tray, misc free floating CDs, pliers, joysticks, vcr, 2 monitors, mouse, mic, razor, answering machine, fliers, shipping boxes etc. That's the surface of the desk, underneath is the keyboard on a tray, a subwoofer on the floor, mid tower with side off, a jungle of wires running to all the gear on top of the desk, a scanner, printer and second vcr to the right of the desk, a phone on another desk at the other end of the room with my rear speakers located on it, packing boxes lining the walls, set of bathroom scales, electric heater, boxes that stuff came in. Fireplace with things like circuit board etching acid on the mantle next to deodorant. Tool chest next to one wall, misc shoes and items of clothing. Did I forget the set of weights and the bed in the middle of the room with wires coming from it for an electric blanket? Hmm, I think a pic would be too embarassing.

Comment

What, no more entries? Surely someone can do better than this.. ah, if only I had a scanner or a digital camera..

------------------
              Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

I'm sure everyone is busy getting their films developed. I was able to squeeze two photos out of my old Polaroid camera and the quality is .. well .. you be the judge.
                http://www.mts.net/~aluke

jsb gets my vote so far.

KvH: This contest is a great reason to buy a scanner, but you might have to tidy up a bit to make room on your desk ;-)

--
                Al out
                Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

OK, here's my entry It might noe be the messiest but I'll add to the contest anyway. BTW-The picture was taken with a camcorder, so the quality is kinda crappy.

------------------
                  It's almost all about two things:

1. Attitude
                  2. Children

Everything else is just an added bonus

~David Hilliard~
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Jorden

It's a ATX File server 8*5,2". 2*3,5" and 4 internal 3,5" it is divided internally in to sections, one with the mobo , this part has to 9 cm fans blowing in and one smaller 4,5 cm sucking out. The other part has the hard drives, DAT, DVD and CD-rom, 300w power supply, one 9 cm fan blowing in and one out, plus the fan in the power supply, lots of space and no cooling problems, it's a big ass case on wheels, 376(W)*518(D)*467(H)mm and I love it
                    Stefan

Comment

jsb: having a big ass case on casters is one thing but having it on wheels.. well.. _that's_ a case. :-)

--
                      Al out
                      Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Agent_31: What's with the bike in the office??

jsb: It IS a case

Jord
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I'm voting for Helevitia.. Dave's gotta earn a ton of points for all those <u>condiments</u> shelved over his PC... just speculating on what that's about is worth 2nd place, imo...

---------------------
                          Holly

P.S. All right, I know they're probably beer bottles, but the blurriness allows me to see them as soy sauce, steak sauce and the like... and I think Dave is much more interesting that way... H.

Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                          -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Heck of a way for a newbie to introduce himself.....hehe

Thought I had it knocked 'til I saw the ones on page two.......geez ! I'm in awe..!

<center> </center>
                            =========================
                            <font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
                            Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
                            and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
                            | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

Comment

Holly, hon, they're liquor bottles as far as I can see. Little ones, like your vodka from the office

LuckyG: Wow, that's a setup if any, but where's the mess ???

Jorden.
                              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Just wait till Hunsow sees this one...LOL

Where is Hunsow these days?????

Paul
                                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                                X