No announcement yet.

What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omega... it looks very good indeed, but I'm a bit puzzled by the light souce casting the shadow to the back and left when seeing the light refracting off the front and back lip of the glass directly inline with you.

Also to add more realism you need more specular effects in the refratced light cast by the ice. This is a tuff one to do as it's a combo of shadow and refracted light reflecting off the interior of the glass, in the liquid, through to the shadow beyond and even off the surface of the table (tho the amount is very low).

When atempting to make comp gen pics look light photos, I'd suggest reading up on some Professional photography books and mags. When you see how they actually made that perfect photo, all these lighting effects in your work will fall right into place.

You can see what I'm talking about by setting up a demo table and set box... the box is bottomless and with one side cut out (can be cardboard). With remaining sides and the top interior lined with black velvet resting on a wood table top similar to the one you've depected here. Then casting the light onto the glass as you have in your pic above... a 15-30w incandescent (or with a dimmer, just take into account the color temp shift when dimming (redder)) in a swivel arm lamp with reflector shade should work perfect for this. At night/evening when you can control lighting effects more accurately it will result in the best effect

Many marketing companies who handle the advertising for beverage companies (like Absolut for example) also under light the glass by cutting a small hole in the demo table and illuminate it from below. This causes the beverage/glass to stand out even more without adding additional (harsh) direct lighting.
    Last edited by Greebe; 21 July 2001, 22:53.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe, thanks bud. The specularity in the front of the glass is due to the second light source, which is in line with the camera ... i`ll try your suggestions.

Later ...
      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

And nr8 ...

Changed the position of the 2nd SpotLight ... i like it, though the Scene is pretty much darker than it was ...
        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Oh yeah! Now THAT looks like ice!

The bottom doesn't look quite right now though.. looks like there's a hole in the bottom or the glass is just really thin in that spot.. it should cloud the table color more uniformly I think.

Comment

And you should do something about that texture you're using for the wall if you're really wanting it to look "real" and not rendered...

BUT I kind of like the "unnatural" or "too perfect" look when having raytracing pictures, it's sooo stylish.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
            X