No announcement yet.

bridge builder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just downloaded it to let my wife play it.

Maybe she will get hooked on it and I can get some work done
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Man, 11 is brutal! I can't figure it out. I have tried a gazillion things. Nothing works so far.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hmmmmm

15 is a pain for me only 1 anchor point and you cant ramp it up to the other side, the train PLUMMETS!

-pickle
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Re: Hmmmmm

Originally posted by Dilitante1
          15 is a pain for me only 1 anchor point and you cant ramp it up to the other side, the train PLUMMETS!

-pickle
          Hi Dilitante1
          The trick is to have struts forming a counterweight (on the anchor side), so that when there's no train on the bridge, the bridge points up towards the sky! The weight should be only so much so that the train balances it when it's at the other end of the bridge, thus managing to cross to the other side (coz the bridge is now horizontal)!!
          Cheers
          Ovi
          Last edited by Ovi; 27 August 2001, 12:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
            Man, 11 is brutal! I can't figure it out. I have tried a gazillion things. Nothing works so far.

Dave
            Hi Dave
            Yup, the 11th level was really tough!! You might want to check out the tips on the game's site. The basic method is to use triangular strut arrangement only, and then arrange them so that they form an arch, going from the bottom, over the bridge and then back down!!
            Cheers
            Ovi

Comment

The train can actually jump, too. I used a little ramp system to get by one of the levels. The train can actually get some air and only one car has to cross to the other side to pass the level.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

The passengers are not gonna like that.
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

especially the 75% that won't make it...

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                  "Lobsters?"
                  "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                  "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

You don't have to lose anyone, our clumsy design worked just fine and saved the entire train. On the site there were "cleaner" designs that do basicly the same thing, but I didn't see 'em until after I beat the game.

And if you're lazy, this works great for map 11...

Comment

Working...
                    X