Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not worried about the bombs. I'm worried about the two viles of smallpox that still exist. I mean honestly, why keep those around? And get this, one is held in Georgia, and the other....in Russia (under USSR). But when the USSR went under, there has been a rumor that the vile has gone missing. Of course no one can confirm this (if it were true I am sure the gov. would try to keep it under wraps just to keep everyone from worrying), but what if.....
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Yes BuddMan, true, but a biological weapon like that will be a big threat to the terorists to....

Comment

i can never understand why human beings are so bent on destroying humanity for all that it is worth, be they Terorists or supperpowers, or supperpower wanabees........
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,53110,00.html

the risks of a dirty bomb.....
          Pretty pathetic .... but read the last paragraph.......

RedRed
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
            Yes BuddMan, true, but a biological weapon like that will be a big threat to the terorists to....
            And since they'd be going to paradise why should they worry.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The radioactivity of a dirty bomb are very small indeed but:

Do you remember the story about American soldiers being exposed to radiation in the gulf war ?
              The radiation came from Uranium coated bullets (for armor piercing) that upon impace released a tiny radioactive charge.
              When you shoot thousands of these, you get some 'nice' radioactivity all over the place.

Now let's forget about cancer and look at something less fatal but as irritating, who'd like to be sterile for the rest of his life ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
                The radioactivity of a dirty bomb are very small indeed but:

Do you remember the story about American soldiers being exposed to radiation in the gulf war ?
                The radiation came from Uranium coated bullets (for armor piercing) that upon impace released a tiny radioactive charge.
                When you shoot thousands of these, you get some 'nice' radioactivity all over the place.

Now let's forget about cancer and look at something less fatal but as irritating, who'd like to be sterile for the rest of his life ?
                Not just American also British troops say they've been effected. Mod is denying it of course.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just out of fear of misconception i realy hope that all of you here dont belive that ALL arabs are terorists.... Because the people who are terrorists are really not as numerous as the media would like them to be, and are generaly not well accepted by other arabs regardless of the arab opinion over the Middle East crisis.
                  "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

SpiralDragon,

Terrorists are first and foremoset terrorists. Only then they are anythign else.
                    We all know how fundamentalists kill their own people in Algeria and other places.

The problem is that the largest religion worldwide also has the largest number of fundamental fanatic followers

Comment

SD, while some may, most certainly most Americans do not stereotype anyone, myself included.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

No not all terrorists are Arabs but all terrorists have one thing in common. They don't care who they kill. They target civilans who can be from any nation. They even kill the people they claim to be fighting for.
                        If I go and post about bombings in Ireland there's no way I mean that all Irish are Terrorists.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Dogbert:

they do... but the numbers are over rated... what I am worried about is, being an Arab my self, that if I go to the west I would be considered as a terrorist just because I am an Arab... and not all Arabs are Muslims, and not all Muslims are of the same sect, i.e. not everyone agrees with what is happening..... I don’t like what the Israelis are doing to the palliations but then again I don’t think the Palestinians are going about the resistance the right way... there need not be bloodshed, regardless of whose fault it is.... in my opinion, warring countries are always at fault..... some more than others but, some less... but at the end of the day war/terrorism is wrong...... what I would like to see is countries fight virtual wars over a network of computers instead of the real thing..... or fight it out over intellectual ideas and debates but never bring it close to real war.... then again utopias can never be what they should.. I lived most of my childhood through the Lebanese civil war.... the Israeli invasion... the liberation war etc.... and believe me it aint fun.... not knowing if you are going to live to see the next day every day.... with all due respect Dogbert, you in Israel have not lived the terror we have here in Lebanon for over a decade..... Even after the war in the 1993 Israeli attacks and the 1996 Grapes of Wrath... Not to mention all the internal tension and the Syrian presence.... the majority of Lebanese are screwed any way you look at it just because bin laden decided to be a major ass… but his actions should not reflect on all Arabs…. We are not terrorist, just like not all Jews are Arab killers and oppressors…. Just because we are culturally different doesn’t mean we are not human too… or that we don’t sympathies with the victims of terrorism …. Terrorism and War are the same thing with a different name, don’t let any one fool you into believing otherwise. And don’t believe all that you see on TV the media has a tendency to over exaggerate the Arab public response…. The media shows you the bad stuff about us that they want you to see and they don’t show you the good stuff about us and that saddens me because it leaves a cultural gap between the eastern world the western world that will be hard to change.

I hope I have not offended any one, and if I did, know that I did not intend it to be so.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                            SD, while some may, most certainly most Americans do not stereotype anyone, myself included.

i hope that this is true... but my impression from most Hollywood movies is that Arabs are stereotyped as, terrorists, evil people, barbarians, uncivilized etc....

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                              No not all terrorists are Arabs but all terrorists have one thing in common. They don't care who they kill. They target civilans who can be from any nation. They even kill the people they claim to be fighting for.
                              If I go and post about bombings in Ireland there's no way I mean that all Irish are Terrorists.

True... Terrorists are a bunch of liars just like any warring country is also a liar..... all I am saying is be more aware of the real facts ... nothing justifies terrorism and nothing justifies war.... we have thousands of years of history as earthlings, we have come such a long way in terms of innovation, culture, medicine and technology but still we have not learned how to effectively make peace before we bash each others skulls open....... its sad... its very sad....

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
                                Dogbert:

what I am worried about is, being an Arab my self, that if I go to the west I would be considered as a terrorist just because I am an Arab...

You wouldn't be considered as an terrorist.

and not all Arabs are Muslims, and not all Muslims are of the same sect, i.e. not everyone agrees with what is happening

You'll be surprised to find out that most people in the west don't think all Muslims are terrorists either. It's just a small number that mess it up for everyone.

I hope I have not offended any one, and if I did, know that I did not intend it to be so.

Nope you haven't.

Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                                X