Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WaR-ped,

The G550 is rumored to be priced in the 'OEM' arena, like the GeFart 2 MX line. The price is rumored to be around $150 USD, not $200+.

As for performance...unless you work for Matrox or are a BB, there's no way of knowing for sure. As long as its 3D performance is on par with a GeFart 2 MX with the QUALITY that I expect from Matrox, I will get it.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650
    256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
    87 GB storage from WD & IBM
    Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
    SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
    Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

...lmnop....
      System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

...qrstu...
        P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
        Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

...lol...

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

...vwxyz... Now I've sang my ABCs next time won't you sing with me.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 03 May 2001).]
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

...dudlmaopmp...

Comment

... and a partridge in a peartree ...
                "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

"Am I the only one...."
                  Who is PUKE sick of all the clueless guesses as to what is to come next from Matrox?

Oh, looky looky....
                  Gee whiz, golly, goodie...another unqualified speculation thread about another un-announced, un-confirmed, yet-to-be-released phantom card....
                  Whoopie!

...zzzzzzzz.......

When will you people get the clue??
                  UNTIL Matrox officially announces a card, you CANNOT guess what will come next.
                  For months and MONTHS folks made up specs about what was coming after G400, fueled by baseless guesses about some never-announced "g800" card.
                  They where rewarded with the awesome G450.

People, just stuff it, and wait for a REAL announcement from M. Anything you dont see posted on M's official web site is pure rumor, and deserves ZERO credability.

When Matrox actually makes an OFFICIAL press announcement, you can have a clue.
                  Until then, dont listen to any BS from 3rd party websites and forums (and yes, this IS a 3rd party forum). The few here who DO know whats coming wont say anything about it....and the ones making up recent rumors don't really know what's up.

So just suck it up and wait...or bail out and get a GeSpot3 or Raedoff card....but for God's sake, stop the pointless speculation and whining over a card that DOES NOT even exist yet....
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

But Kruzin, all this speculating is FUN
                    Besides it gives us something to talk about while we're waiting, and fuels the hopes that Matrox will come out with something sooner rather than later

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Perhaps this type of thread should be posted in TSB in future...I am sure noone wants to wind you up Kruzin...
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Agreed, this really does belong in the soap box until Matrox reveals something.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                          reading speculations about upcoming products from matrox is one of the reasons I am visiting this forums. I am aware that it is 'nothing real' until there are official announcements from Matrox. But it's funny indeed !
                          I don't think it would be better if nobody was interested in future products from Matrox.
                          Have a good day!
                          Hati

Comment

hmmm ... what about thse mysterious driver entries ?

- G800
                            - F800

to me these are either:

- fake entries to keep us busy (worked out quite well)
                            - drivers for upcoming cards called G800 and F800 (they have 'em in there over a very long time frame)
                            - drivers for TCFKAG800, but they didn't bother to rename 'em until the board gets released (my personal favourite)

IMHO, these entríes can be taken as a silent, never-will-get-confirmed hint (leak, whatever) that they indeed have something up their sleeves ...

Just my 0.02$
                            Maggi
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                            LG BH10LS38
                            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

hey maggi, its on the murc home page, someone hacked the drivers and uploaded the hacked ones to the matrox server

[This message has been edited by Topha (edited 03 May 2001).]

Comment

Holy housecoat Batman!

First Render Subject Nude, now this Jello reference! What kind of customers are Matrox catering to ???

Comment

Working...
                                X