Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The russians cant listen to NDAs either.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ant
    From what you are saying you paint IXBT has simply being a very arrogant bunch of people who hit back if they don't get their own way.
    You knew, you knew!!

Comment

• Guys, first I has no relationship with iXBT. as reader only.
      second - private held company can have their rules, but ixbt is also private held company - so, what is an issue.
      after all - ixbt did not mantioned thet this is OFFICIAL or something info. "We know something, we publish it"
      third - the articles were removed from Russian and English web-sites as well.

Comment

• Ooooh! So it was a revenge! And a big one indeed! I'm sure Matrox is trembling in fear and from now on, they will surely give the hottest news about their future products exclusively to the russians, preferably at least a month before any other news server. And no, they will definitely don't want the russians to sign any NDA at all...

*sigh*
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian
          Guys, first I has no relationship with iXBT. as reader only.
          second - private held company can have their rules, but ixbt is also private held company - so, what is an issue.
          after all - ixbt did not mantioned thet this is OFFICIAL or something info. "We know something, we publish it"
          third - the articles were removed from Russian and English web-sites as well.
          Sure, Steal some candy, find out the rest of the world doesn't like that, and then hide the fact you took the candy.

If IXBT truly stands behind what they publish removal of the information would be unneccessary. Was the information removed by Matrox's request?

Khamsin

Comment

• I do not know about matrox request - I think that the Russians in general can not be angry long time - we are good guys.

Comment

• Hi,

Well, I have no idea why would Matrox ignore russian market (assuming there were NO info AT ALL given to russian journalists). In case Matrox DO HAVE partners in Russia and IS going to sell their products (code name Parhelia ) over there, I think it wasn't such a wise decision.

Now, if I was in their (Russians) shoes, I would just stick to some announcement on my website AFTER the launch. They did instead something that doesn't make them look too professional to me.

Cheers,
              SB
              <I>"To be or not to be"</I> - Shakespeare<BR><I>"To do is to be"</I> - Socrates<BR><I>"To be is to do"</I> - Sartre<BR><I>"Do be do be do"</I> - Sinatra

Comment

• Please don't take any of this as any sort of attack on the Russian people! The inital wording was wrong really so I do apologise if that has been misinterpreted.

Originally posted by Russian
                I do not know about matrox request - I think that the Russians in general can not be angry long time - we are good guys.

Comment

• VigilAnt

You like a kid - paint something with 4 letters on the school wall...
                  Funny and worthless =)!

Can you do something more in that life?

P5ycho

yes you right. they have .13 design with ps 2.0 - problem only in transistors count.

but .13 is not-very-near feauture for matrox as i know
                  /Alexander Medvedev,
                  Technical Director,
                  iXBT.com (www.ixbt.com),
                  Digit-Life (www.digit-life.com).

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleSam
                    VigilAnt

You like a kid - paint something with 4 letters on the school wall...
                    Funny and worthless =)!

You mean you don't edit your visitors' signatures in Russia?

Cheers,
                    SB
                    <I>"To be or not to be"</I> - Shakespeare<BR><I>"To do is to be"</I> - Socrates<BR><I>"To be is to do"</I> - Sartre<BR><I>"Do be do be do"</I> - Sinatra

Comment

• The russians have it right

If matrox does not want for the outside world to get information about their products then they never should of released it outside of the company and then only amongst those that they "trusted". There is a great difference between the legal obligations of an NDA and trusting someone with information. If matrox trusts everyone in the united states, asia, and europe with this information, why have them sign an NDA? Because Tom's Hardware, Anandtech, HardOCP and probably anyone except this site would break the news if there were no threat of legal action.

Scruples are great and all but do you really think that the majority of journalists in this day and age have them?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoBizarre

You mean you don't edit your visitors' signatures in Russia?

Cheers,
                        SB
                        Thats the reason I enjoy user moderated forums/news sites like Kuro5hin and slashdot. No whining and bitching about the owners deleting stuff. IF the users don't like it they will just mod it down. Anyone know of a hardware site like that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian
                          iXBT.com do not need any additional ad or noise - it is the web-site # 1 in Russia. It was a small revenge to the slow people working at well known company.
                          Please, please don't confuse people here. iXBT.com is a #1 _hardware_ web site in Russia.

There are a lot more trafficked sites!

Comment

• "They obtained information they knew was from a breached NDA and publshed it for the glory, that's all there is to it. Do you wonder why Matrox didn't offer them a NDA in the first place? It is beause this sort of thing is common behaviour from these people. If they were ignored they were ignored for a reason, and that does not give them any sort of justification for doing what they did."

=) you talk about what you dont know.
                            /Alexander Medvedev,
                            Technical Director,
                            iXBT.com (www.ixbt.com),

Comment

• In Russia ? Hardware web-site ? Tell me.

Davay zdes sratsya ne budem - naehali na stranu. Tak i hren by s nim, s trafficom iXBT, hotya po rambleru - oni deystvitelno na pervom meste.

Comment

• "You mean you don't edit your visitors' signatures in Russia?"

yep! =)

We only moderate messages that not agree with rules of our conference. i.e. messages to offend personally someone

And we never do it in silent - all moderated messages marked by red "[moderate]" at cut place, and moderators description why they was moderated...

/Alexander Medvedev,
                                Technical Director,
                                iXBT.com (www.ixbt.com),

Comment

Working...
                                X