Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember this?

w00t!

It's pretty accurate about Parhelia 8X! First quarter...

Now Parhelia II... second quarter... I doubt that...

edit: It's spreading like wildfire

3DCenter ist die größte deutschsprachige Grafikkarten-Webseite. Schwerpunkte sind die Berichterstattung über Grafikkarten und andere Hardware für den Gamer, sowie das Thema Benchmarking und Hintergründe zu 3D-Effekten und -Features.
    Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 15 April 2003, 22:32.

Comment

23rd.. just a few days away..... please let it be good this time...
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

What do you define as good?
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

well something that has good ogl suport + all the shebang with triple head... no banding as every one is saying.. i can live with 64mb just let the OGL performance be great.... great enugh to use in CAD systems and compeet with the ATI fire GL and the WildCat VP
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Wake up - this is going to be a business card, with a little 3D (performance a la MX) on top.

Maybe the card/chp after that... but don't hold your breath.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

We should wait for the official announcement and the first test reports about features/issues/etc.
              If it hits ~ GF3 speeds and there won't be any issues then I may replace my G200 with it finally.

Comment

This would make sense after the BIG delay in the latest driver release, but I am a bit dubeous about the naming!

Lets hope the performance is a little better if it's going to be released into the mainstream.
                Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

Don't really think it'll be worthwhile for me..
                  But I'm deffo anxious about it! Need to upgrade that G400 soon..
                  So who knows.

7 days people!

/Flyke

Comment

Better performance with half bandwidth? I wouldn't bet on it.
                    I wonder how the simpler design of the chip affects OC capabilities. We'll see anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by ganyaik
                      Better performance with half bandwidth? I wouldn't bet on it.
                      Have you heard about those "amazing" solutions called GF4 Ti and Radeon 8500???

Comment

well ... i am not about to give up on M even if they dont produce an OGL card now.... (just hope that they do one soon or else i will end up with no alternative)

Comment

Yes, but those are faster than the original P with double the bandwith of LX, aren't they?
                          Anyway if the card would be as fast as a P or near to that, then what would be the benefit that the P gives for the extra $$$? Displacement mapping? +64 megs of RAM? If they lower the price of P as well then it's OK.
                          My 2 cents.
                          PS: I really hope that the card will be good enough for gaming and for DCC as well, because I should upgrade my G200 soon and I'm a bit afraid to go the ATI or NV way.

EDIT: I->If

Comment

Just came to my mind: the original P has 512bit mem bus, doesn't it? Then the 128bit of the LX is actually 1/4th of the bandwidth of P. I think this should explain the 'slower in some areas'. OK, I know it's not official yet, but still...

Comment

P is a 256bit bus
                              the 512 bit refers to internal architecture
                              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

OK, thanx. Then there's nothing else to do than sit back, relax and wait about 1 week.
                                Thanx again.

Comment

Working...
                                X