No announcement yet.

U.S. Expels Two Members of Iraq's U.N. Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newspapers and Nightline are now reporting that France has been selling Iraq military parts, most notably for its Mirage fighters, as recently as Jan 2002

This is well after the UN embargo on such items (by 12 years) and most certainly after the latest Security Council resolution last November.

Makes you wonder what else is going on.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 March 2003, 08:28.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Gurm, the default condition is that nothing happened. Just because someone says it happened, doesn't make it true.
      Last edited by Brian R.; 8 March 2003, 15:18.

Comment

Brian, you have a point.

However, when reputable news agencies and US intelligence indicate that France is selling us out... I'm inclined to believe them.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

So should we take someone's word for it or just assume they're always lying?

By the reasoning that the default condition is a false or negative, then everything Iraq says is a lie. Of course it also means that everything we (the US) say is a lie. This could get really confusing.

Honestly, why should we believe the French are not doing said actions? Most countries (including the US) partake in shady dealings such as this. Now I haven't been following this particular side of the story, so I don't know the details adn won't comment on whether what has been said is true or not. However I will say that this situation (starting with the Gulf War) can be explained with the phrase, "he said, she said".
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            Newspapers and Nightline are now reporting that France has been selling Iraq military parts, most notably for its Mirage fighters, as recently as Jan 2002

This is well after the UN embargo on such items (by 12 years) and most certainly after the latest Security Council resolution last November.

Makes you wonder what else is going on.....

Dr. Mordrid
            Yes, but there's the rub.. France is a permanent security council member, which means they can break international law with impunity.

Comment

Don't all countries do this either directly or indirectly when there's money to be made???
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X