No announcement yet.

Breaking News:Bombs Falling over Bagdad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops! Since the Iraqi Information Minister (whose family is held at gunpoint by Saddam's men) said it, it MUST be true, right?
    no, absolutely not. I provided the source for my information - otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.
    but look at it the other way round: just because the UK/US/kuwait etc report something, it must not be true either.

Honestly, I think the British military and Kuwaiti officials KNOW what SCUDs look like.
    what is left after a missile was hit by a patriot rocket & the ground?

as you said:
    Originally posted by Gurm

We'll know for sure as soon as that debris is analyzed, I imagine.
    official press releases are updated, postings in forums are usually not. I don't want to read "breaking news" - threads here that are proven wrong later.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

and about "breaking news" - what breaking news are those anyway (about thread topic); I mean, everybody knew it will happen soon...

Comment

The first missle was fired at 10:28 local time (02:28 EST) and hit just outside of Camp Commando. It was a CSSC-3 Seersucker cruise missile a weapon based on 1960's Soviet technology. It was most likely fired from the Umm Qasr port or somewhere on the Al Faw peninsula. These missiles fly low to the ground and this is most likely why early detection equipment failed to spot it.

The second and third missile were Ababil missiles that were fired from near Basra and both of them were interecepted by Patriots. One was fired at 13:30 local time and was aimed at Kuwait City. The other was fired at 15:37 local time and was aimed towards the western desert and area where the Army's V Corps. is located.

As far as I know, there have as yet been no SCUD missiles launches by Iraq.

Of course, Lt. Col. Ronnie McCourt a British military spokesman at Camp As Sayliyah seemed to think that SCUD missiles were in fact launched and that they were intercepted by Patriots. Seems like he was mistaken but I guess some reporters ran with it.

Comment

R.Carter,

Excellent looking information. Care to share your source so we can all stay as informed?

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

NY Times:

"In Kuwait, the four missiles fired by Iraq were not Scuds, but shorter-range weapons. Two were Ababil 100's, which were shot down by Patriots. Another was a tactical ballistic missile, but no name or type was made available. The fourth was an antiship missile, which landed near the marines at Camp Commando."

Comment

On News 24 this evening

Current thinking is that the 2 ballistic missiles were 'Frogs'

Look like SCUDS
              1/3 the size.....
              (russian theatre ballistic missiles)

acounted for in the submissions......

redred
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

SCUD'S were confirmed today when fragments left over from Patriot hits were found and ID'd. So much for the UN "inspectors"

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                X