No announcement yet.

People from United Kingdom, look here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People from United Kingdom, look here.

I see that MURC has many users from UK, so I'll ask you guys a couple of questions just for fun.
    One of my favorite band, Westlife, is from UK, you all know them, right? Do they perform a lot there? Do you guys like them? (at least their music)

The other one is, anyone here plays rugby? If so, what position do you play? I know you guys love rugby and soccer

I play both rugby and soccer at the left outside position

I was a rugby forward at school, about 60 years ago. However, my game was cricket and played up until 1957.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

No kidding. 60years before?
      how old are you?

Comment

Brian is about 100 or so

I used to play rugby, until I got too fat and unfit... 2nd row and No.8 specifically - my height and build help here.

Also used to row (NOT argue - like the Oxford/Cambridge boat race!) a lot - mainly in eights and fours - again, my height and build helped!
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
          Brian is about 100 or so

I used to play rugby, until I got too fat and unfit... 2nd row and No.8 specifically - my height and build help here.

Also used to row (NOT argue - like the Oxford/Cambridge boat race!) a lot - mainly in eights and fours - again, my height and build helped!
          WOW, you played No.8? You must be helluva big guy I wish I could play No.8 but I'm not too good, but still learning. I play prop and used to play 2nd row, but I hate playing prop 'cause it hurts my back so much.
          Just out of curiosity, how tall are you?

PS: How fat can you be when you are just 23 years old...Give yourself some credit

Comment

Bah Rugby just an excuse for a free punch up.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm 6'4", which is about 193cm. Be careful of your back - you only need to mess it up once and it will ache for the rest of your life (as I found out unfortunately )

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                Bah Rugby just an excuse for a free punch up.
                Come on~~ You should like rugby, you are an Englishman!! As in creator of early rugby sport.
                (I have a coach who came from England and he's a nut case with funny accent )

Originally posted by GNEP
                I'm 6'4", which is about 193cm
                I envy you, I'm not even 6feet tall...Probably a genetic problem
                Last edited by joonie; 14 April 2003, 02:42.

Comment

Well, no, not quite 100. Actually, I'll be 71 very shortly and I was in the second line of the scrum from I think about 10 to 15, by which time I was 1 m 83, as I am today. (Physically, I matured very early for those days, far in advance of my peers, ejaculating at 10. Mentally, I'm still that age ) I'm a LOT heavier today than I was then, though.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Sorry Brian - I couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                      Well, no, not quite 100. Actually, I'll be 71 very shortly and I was in the second line of the scrum from I think about 10 to 15, by which time I was 1 m 83, as I am today. (Physically, I matured very early for those days, far in advance of my peers, ejaculating at 10. Mentally, I'm still that age ) I'm a LOT heavier today than I was then, though.
                      Did we REALLY need to know all this information?

Comment

Well, some of us might...

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

rofl

Well, some of us might...
                          @joonie, Westlife are for want of a better word crap, I apolgise on our behalf and I used to be a full-back in Rugby, class game.

Comment

I'm afraid I too am not a fan of Westlife.
                            Unfortunately their music is popular over here and their songs always seem to get to number 1.
                            It will be a very, very sad day when/if they manage to beat the record of number 1's here currently held by the best band ever - The Beatles.

As for Rugby - I really never got on with the game.
                            I played at school level and that was about it.
                            Football (soccer) on the other hand is a different game.
                            I am, sorry was a goalkeeper - represented the school and then the county at some age group or another, can't remember now and then also played a little Sunday league but simply wasn't fit enough to ever make a career out of sports - well maybe bowls or golf, but I hate both of those "sports".
                            It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                            Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Originally posted by Paulr

As for Rugby - I really never got on with the game.
                              I played at school level and that was about it.
                              Football (soccer) on the other hand is a different game.
                              I am, sorry was a goalkeeper - represented the school and then the county at some age group or another, can't remember now and then also played a little Sunday league but simply wasn't fit enough to ever make a career out of sports - well maybe bowls or golf, but I hate both of those "sports".
                              Well, you don't have to make a career out of sports to talk that you play sports. If you played at school level, then you did play rugby. I, too, play rugby in school and it's just as fun.

Oh, and as for Westlife, that's sad... Is it likely that Westlife's going to beat the record of the Beatles?

Comment

Working...
                              X