Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sizzle.....

Comment

Eww.. yeah recluse spider venom basically keeps dissolving/killing the flesh around the bite. nasty stuff

Comment

The fellow that posted these on another board never did tell us if the hands were his......

Warning...sort of ugly...really ugly.....

Day 9

Attached Files
        Last edited by Laurie; 7 July 2003, 06:27.
        Laurie
        ======

Comment

Last one...day 10
          Attached Files
          Laurie
          ======

Comment

that looks really nasty!
            is there no anti - venum / enzymes, which can stop the flesh from dissolving?
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

ouch! once again, im glad to live in norway. the only spiders we got, is the ones on the size of a coin. included the legs the only animal i can come up with who bites, and is lethal is the adder. not much of it. you got to get out in the forrest. and who are we kidding, im never in the forrset.

Comment

OH MY ****ING GOD.

THANK **** I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL.

THAT IS GROSS.
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Think I just got bit by a Brown Recluse spider on my ankle... they are rampant around these parts often spanning 3"

If not then it was a just another mosquito... so it's either West Nile or more gross pics to come... tho that's doubtful... treated area with clear ammonia which neutralizes the sting of mosquito bites and Jelly fish stingers so it should work on this

Interestingly enough we also have a zillion of these toads that eat them whole
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Another good thing to put on bites is Meat Tenderizer.
                    If the poison is protein based the enzyme will destroy a lot of it.
                    Works very well on bee stings.
                    chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

eYup
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

that guy with the thumb should have whent to a doctor and not photographing it

That looks like it will neve heal again
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                          that guy with the thumb should have whent to a doctor and not photographing it

That looks like it will neve heal again
                          It can heal, just acquire some maggots, they will eat the dead flesh. Once all the dead flesh is gone then remove the maggots and go about your regular healing, maggots work wonders.
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Damn... This is too much...

Comment

Liz, you alright?

...good. That's all I stopped by for. I've seen that other stuff before. On my own leg.

YUCK!!!
                              How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                              Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                                the doc said it was a brown recluse. cos black widows leave two marks. and the black widow leaves one. and over itme the black widow bite gets better. where as the recluse bite gets worse. mine got worse.

did you take those pics? thats about what my foot looked like!!! when i was in the hospital
                                Oh wow. I am in NO way claiming that Liz was not bitten by a spider or attempting to minimize the severity of the bite, but there is reason to doubt it was a brown recluse. There is a lot of literature about the California brown recluse myth. Some of these articles were written by the same guy, Rick Vetter from UC Riverside, and he has issued the brown recluse challenge:

The Former "show me the spider" Brown Recluse Challenge   Rick Vetter Department of Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA From May of 2000 to January 2005, on this website was an offer to identify spiders that were thought to be brown recluses. I have tried to find all the links on my websites that directed you here for brown recluse identifications but may have missed one or two or there may be other people who have linked to this former site.

From the University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program (UC Davis):

... there are no populations of the brown recluse Loxosceles reclusa, in the state and fewer than 10 verified specimens have been collected over several decades in California. Yet people frequently relate stories in which they or someone they know was supposedly bitten by a brown recluse in California. This publication was written in response to the confusion that exists regarding brown recluse spiders in California.

Here is an article from the UC Riverside Department of Entomology site on the evil thumb pictures:

We're Sorry, The requested object or URL could not be found. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or has been removed. Please visit the homepage to get back on track.

And another article from UC Riverside on the brown recluse myth:

This website presents evidence for the lack of brown recluse spiders as part of the Californian spider fauna. Unfortunately, this contradicts what most Californians believe; beliefs that are born out of media-driven hyperbole and erroneous, anxiety-filled public hearsay which is further compounded by medical misdiagnoses.

Myth of the Brown Recluse: Fact, Fear, and Loathing Rick Vetter Department of Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA

Another article from the "Dermatology Online Journal ":

However, outside the natural range of these recluse species, the conviction that they are the etiological agents behind necrotic lesions of unknown origin is widespread, and most often erroneous. In some states such as California, unsubstantiated reports concerning recluse spider bites have taken on the status of "urban legend" leading to overdiagnosis and, therefore, inappropriate treatment.

Here's an article about Vetter and his work from "National Geographic":

Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X