No announcement yet.

Gurm needs a job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, my brother is doing fine with his business. He does assemblies for those more discerning customers, but most of his income comes from troubleshooting/repair of older equipment.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Yeah, I don't mind building the occasional machine for someone I already know. I build machines for my friends (or just supervise) and family.

But it's like this guy I worked with, Paul Lu, used to say:

If they call you ONCE for technical support, your profit is nearly gone.

If they call you TWICE for technical support, your profit IS gone.

If they call you THREE times for technical support, you may as well have never built the machine, and you should have just handed them $50.
      And it's true. I'll build a custom machine for a select clientele, but that's it.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

That's about right.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Yeah, computer guys get the shaft often.

Nobody ever walks into their mechanic's garage and says, "You changed my oil three months ago, and now my A/C failed. You must have broken something. I expect you to fix this."
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

On the other hand I'm nowhere NEAR as tolerant as poor Technoid's work seems to expect him to be. I tend to tell people to go screw. "No, sorry your antivirus software can't in fact make your screen turn funny colors - that's a broken monitor. Cope."

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
            X