Arnie and Hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnie and Hitler

It looks like Arnie is being hit with Custard pies.

Out of interest how many of you have heard Hitlers speeches?

There damn well done very emotive and do things no modern politician dare do.

Admiring how Hitler did speeches isn't a crime, Sorry admiring what he was aiming at is. I don't belive Arnie mean't this when he made the comment.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I haven't heard any of Hitlers speeches, but he was known as a brilliant orator who could bring tears to peoples eyes with how passionate he was when he spoke. His speaking abilities reportedly played a large part in his rise to power.
    Bart

Comment

I heard his speeches via translation and he was damn good very emotive when you put the crowd response in there as well.
      I know here Arnie was coming from and why he made the comment
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ah its just the Democrats bringing in some Dirty tricks to try and not get him elected...stupid Politics....

They did the same thing to GWB before the election with his "drinking" problems....
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yeh well Hitler maybe a prick but I bet Modern poiticans wish they had his abilities to control the people.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

People LOVED Hitler. Why do you think that is? He wasn't a particularly NICE GUY, he had ISSUES with women, and the whole "genocide for kicks" thing didn't really sit well with the public.

He was a MASTER politician, and an UNPARALLELED orator. The world hasn't seen the likes of his oratorial skills since... ages past.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I reckon Gurm being sarcastic here in first part of his comment.

2nd part bang on.

By the way I don't like Hitler or any racist black, brown, white or green.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yeah I love how the media suddenly digs this story up a few days before the election. Whats even better is that the "story" is based on a submission for a book idea that some guy did like 25 years ago, and has no other evidence.
                Pretty much like the stupid allegations that he groped some women 30 years ago while filming movies.

Comment

I've groped one or two Women.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yeah isn't it interesting that when Jimmy Carter admitted to "lusting after women in his heart" the media saw this as being honest and human, yet when a Republican does something similar they are all calling for resignations and such? Look at Rush Limbaugh and his pain killer addiction. Didn't he break his back or something once? As I remember a few quarterbacks had the same problem and it was no big deal.. but Rush does it and it's ALLEGATIONS OF PILL POPPING all over everywhere for days on end. The problem is that most people think that news is news and don't understand that they are being made to think in certain ways just by the exaggerated emphasis the media puts on things.

Comment

George Butler, the interviewer, asked, "who do you admire most." This is the quote he attributed to Schwarzenegger:

"It depends for what. I admired Hitler, for instance, because he came from being a little man with almost no formal education up to power. And I admire him for being such a good public speaker."

According to the proposal, Butler claim Schwarzenegger was a "flagrant, outspoken admirer of Hitler." Butler also claimed he saw Schwarzenegger playing "Nazi marching songs from long-playing records in his collection at home" and that he "frequently clicked his heels and pretended to be an S.S. officer."

Possibly Schwarzenegger was intentionally toying with and attempting to shock the interviewer, but none of that stuff sits well with me. It's not the best way to behave in front of a documentary filmmaker.

Paul

Comment

This just in from the New York Times:

But early this morning, Mr. Butler called back, saying he had driven back to his New Hampshire home and found another transcript of the interview, with different wording: "I admire him for being such a good public speaker and for his way of getting to the people and so on. But I didn't admire him for what he did with it. It's very hard to say who I admire, who are my heroes."

Paul

Comment

There you go, another attempt of the media to twist your mind.
                          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I don't think media is attempting to twist my mind. And if it is, it's too late. My parents took care of that.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulcs
                              I don't think media is attempting to twist my mind. And if it is, it's too late. My parents took care of that.

Paul
                              This might sound severe, but you don't matter. The MASSES matter, and the masses are dumb as a post. That's why the world stinks of stupidity and mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                              X