X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy of 'Siegfried & Roy' critical after mauling

All I can say is and

Tiger mauling
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Are you sure it wasn't Sigfried having a jealous fit

(Yeah! I know it's bad taste, but...)
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thats what you get for exploiting wild animals for show and profit. Natures revenge baby!! Good for the tiger.
      Bart

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
        Thats what you get for exploiting wild animals for show and profit. Natures revenge baby!! Good for the tiger.
        I hope you crash and die in your BMW because you are exploiting the natural resources of the earth.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I think TheRock is right. They probably aren't exploiting them (and treat them very good from what i heard) but still if you're a tiger and have to do some magic stunts every evening sooner or later you'll go crazy.
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Helevitia: come on man, do you actually approve of what they do? Taking wild animals out of their natural habitat and exploiting them for money? I cannot understand how any logical animal-loving human being could think this way. Granted, my statement was a bit harsh for sure, but that mauling was only a matter of time. It doesn't matter if the animals were being treated well or not. Imagine someone enslaving YOU or your family; would you accept it as long as you were treated well?

EDIT: P.S. your car analogy stank. By your moronic logic, everyone who drives a car is in the same boat.
            Bart

Comment

Cats aren't people dude.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

the "taking wild animals out of their habitat" argument has another flaw: from what I know most of S&Rs tigers were already born "behind bars".

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Still: a tiger is a tiger and will stay a tiger / wild animal no matter what you do.
                  When you're playing with danger chances are that you'll get bitten.

It is a pity and a tragic thing but it's not really a fully unexpected incident (it has happened many times before to other dompteurs).
                  Last edited by Indiana; 4 October 2003, 12:06.
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

The white tigers they use are horribly imbred, they have no value as far as sustaining the real population of tigers in the world. From what I've read they're known to have odd behavior problems and to be more unprediciable than a normal tiger, so this isn't exactly a surprise. Plus from what I've heard the show is really, really awful anyway.

I should add that I'm not cheering for the tiger to hurt him or anything, but why do people go to watch those shows? Just like NASCAR, people want to see an accident, it's a washed down version of gladiatorial combat with an added layer of "civilization" on top to cover the bloodlust factor. I do think people should not use animals in that way, but that's not how I want to see the issue resolved either. I hope he recovers and realizes that a big freaking cat with huge fangs and claws isn't a set prop.
                    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 4 October 2003, 15:18.

Comment

They know the dangers of what they are doing. I feel sorry for him but only because it had to hurt a lot. Live by the sword...

I hope the tiger is ok, and that they don't do anything to it. The tiger is just being a tiger.

Jeff
                      Last edited by Duty; 4 October 2003, 21:55.
                      -We stop learning when We die, and some
                      people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                      Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                      - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                      - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Jon said it perfectly.

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
                          Helevitia: come on man, do you actually approve of what they do? Taking wild animals out of their natural habitat and exploiting them for money? I cannot understand how any logical animal-loving human being could think this way. Granted, my statement was a bit harsh for sure, but that mauling was only a matter of time. It doesn't matter if the animals were being treated well or not. Imagine someone enslaving YOU or your family; would you accept it as long as you were treated well?

EDIT: P.S. your car analogy stank. By your moronic logic, everyone who drives a car is in the same boat.
                          I had this really long reply but realized it's not worth the argument.

Your opinion is different than mine. 'nuff said.

Dave

Comment

Those of you who think these cats are being horribly exploited and shouldn't be taken out of their natural environment, tell me this.. what natural environment? Do you have any idea what the population of Asia, especially southeast Asia and the Indian subcontinent is now? There's no room for them in the wild anymore.. just wave after wave of humanity. I think I read where the Sumatran Tiger has a population of only 70 individuals in the wild now. These guys need a large area to range over, and there are fewer and fewer of these areas left. If you think they should be left in the wild, you are dooming them to extinction, unfortunately.. that is, unless you plan on wiping out about a billion people to make room for them. If you wanna attack someone for exploiting big cats, go after those scumbags who market canned hunts. These ****oles acquire pets whose owners can't cope and then release them out in the country so other ****oles can gun them down for pleasure. Panthers and Cougars mostly, these cats were raised around humans and do not run or fight back, and have no idea why these strange people are shooting at them. People who do this deserve a slow, agonizing death.

Big cats are remarkably friendly if raised in captivity by people who are caring.. they are dangerous as hell, yes, but if you understand what makes them tick and treat them with respect, this danger can be minimalized. It does take a huge amount of time and devotion to care for them, but those who can do it and do it properly are usually rewarded with a friend for life.

One of their people said this was the first time Roy suffered so much as a scratch during a performance in the thirty years they've been performing. That's a pretty good record... even if they were just working with people.

Comment

I'm really surprised this didn't happen earlier.
                              And you cannot blame the cats- they are just animals.
                              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X